Quote Originally Posted by Rolf

How is it that some "newbies" are swept away at their first question with something like: "We have been over this before" .. "read earlier threads, search.."?? .. And "why don't you open a new forum regarding this????" ... "we don't need this here". etc etc.

It is certainly a time for some members to "chill out", and let the "newbies" feel welcome here or we will see a lot more of one, two ore three posting members here.

As I see it it is a fact that moderators from the US, Germany, AU, and so on react differently on the same subject.

Rolf,

I understand your concerns.

Taking the last point first, the moderators often discuss a post or poster before even considering any action, and as a rule they usually agree on an issue.

About the newbies everyone needs a certain amount of orientation in a new place. Given the rate of growth in membership and active posters I think this is a healthy sign.

I myself tend not to post much these days unless I feel I can actually add something new to the table and I am inclined not to repeat myself and often will refer to the search function or a link. We all had to do this when we first joined and it makes you realise the forums are a real treasure of knowledge for those who bother to look.

There actually wasn't anything at the start, and a huge slab of what we have now is a legacy from Giskard. I doubt it any newbies appreciate that.

Ian