Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2308 Lens

Wow, I really like those wood horns.

I might have to surf some Japanese hifi stores soon.

Can someone please explain me how do you get through on theese japaneese web sites such as yahoo auctions as all those adds are described in japaneese,is there a trick or something cos my computer only displays cubic icons:dont-know

Quote Originally Posted by takenodisk
    Can someone please explain me how do you get through on theese japanese web sites such as yahoo auctions as all those adds are described in japaneese,is there a trick or something cos my computer only displays cubic icons:dont-know
    I usually will go to:

http://www.yahoo.co.jp/

and search from there for "jbl" etc.
    The yahoo auctions are always high on the results list

Unless you have downloaded the Japanese character sets (big, slow dowload) you will see lots of cubes with letters/numbers in them (I think these are hexadecimal representation of a Japanese character set just as the ASCII character set translates hexadecimal values as english characters)

But in my experience the cubes are still translated just fine by Altavista/Babel fish:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

I will usually try to enter the web address URL into the bottom "Translate a Web page" field, set the from/to languages for Japanese to English, and press the translate button.

This works OK for most websites, Harman Japan for instance:

http://www.harman-japan.co.jp/

But not as well for some of the more gimmicy web pages, yahoo auctions for instance.

In that case I will copy the japanese text into the "Translate block of Text" entry box which usually does a fair job with most of the text, for instance:

★JBL ★ 2WAYスピーカー★ SVA1800★+おまけ

中古品です
    多少のキズ、使用感有るとみてください
    大きさ318×965×413mm
    重さ34kg
    スピーカー部破れなどありませんが
    多少独特の粘りっぽくはなってます
    オマケはモンスターケーブル5mを4本です(中古)
    これだけでもお得だと思います
    写真をご参照下さい
    ご理解いただける方
    ご入札お待ちしております

発送はヤマト便です
    東京は西荻窪にて西洋アンティーク・和家具
    リサイクルのショップを営んでおります。
    ホームページにてネットショッピングも出来ます。
    是非ご覧ください!

http://www.antiquesjikoh.co.jp

お探し物、リクエスト商品などありましたら
    こちらまでメールでお知らせください

■注意!■

最近私どもの名を語る繰上げ落札の
    詐欺行為が多発しております
    こちらではそのような行為は一切関与しておりません
    アドレスとIDを確認し、
    ご不安であれば我が社のホームページより
    お電話、メールにてお問い合わせ下さい

was translated as:

* JBL * 2WAY speaker & SVA1800 & + being defeated Are the used item please see the size 318×965×413mm weight 34kg speaker section tear etc. which there is no, that some scratch and there is a use impression, but as for some unique stickiness っ ぽ く becoming, as for オマケ which it increases monster cable 5 m 4 is, the one bid which reference understanding, it can receive the photograph which you think that (medieval times) even just this is profit, we wait As for dispatch Yamato flight as for Tokyo which is the west reed 窪 being similar, we operate the shop of western antique harmony furniture recycling. At the home page also net shopping is possible. Please view by all means! Http: //www.antiquesjikoh.co.jp When the missing article and the request commodity etc. it is, to this please inform with the mail * Note! * Recently though me if with this where fraud behavior of the advance successful bid which talks name occurs frequently as for that kind of behavior address and ID which have not participated altogether are verified and it is insecure, at the telephone and the mail please inquire from the home page of our corporation
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

Thumbs up

Hi glen,great you spares me some japaneese tuition thanks a lot, i wouldn't have thought about this for a moment,i'll give it a try as soon as i'm back home,bests Mevin

Thumbs up

Hi Glen it works great,it's incredible,i'm watching actually(just watching)a pair of 4344 on yahoo jp which is actually going for nearly 3800usd,thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Lancaster
    What is Image comm.'s address?, an 800 tel number won´t work from here, Thanks.
    Waldon Electronics (distributor for Image Communications)
    1801 Morgan St
    Rockford, IL 61102
    815-968-9661 x4293
    Sandy Freeman helped me
    9$/each L-10 Plastic Lens
    $50 minimum

No More L-10's Left

I talked with Sandy yesterday an she said that the L-10's are gone and they aren't going to make any more! So it's back to the other avenues we've been discussing for years. So do you guys think that the McCauley lens could be fitted to a 4343?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

Some of you might remember that I posted pics of Bart Locanthi's original prototype of the 2308 a while back. This piece belongs to a friend of mine, but I still have it on hand. If anyone wants more detailed information on it then I will do what I can. It is held together with brass machine hardware; two long screws running through with nuts threaded on to space the plates apart.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Bart Locanthi's original prototype of the 2308

I counted 15 vanes on this lens but I'm sure it's a hell of a lot easier to loose a few than try to find a couple extra.

I borrowed an older model 2308 from a friend and recreated a pair using dark grey PVC that I got from TAP plastic. PVC is fairly easy to saw and shape on the router. I glued it up with some PVC plumbers glue. They are sturdy and turned out quite nice for the modest investment.
    I am not sure the method I am going to use to mount them yet.

Very Nice!! How did you make the mount that holds them at an angle?

Regards,

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by mech986
    Very Nice!! How did you make the mount that holds them at an angle?

Regards,

Bart
    I created a seperate jig used for the glue up. The jig started with a block cut with 1/16 inch grooves at a 38 degree angle. The fence was moved 1 centimeter after each cut.
    Basically, I cut the plate rectangles a couple inches long, about 3 x 12. I bolted about 6 at a time together with my form using holes drilled threw the extra outside area. I cut the parabolic cutout using a saw and pattern router. I cut two grooves on the back. Removed them from the form and cut to length - 3 x 10
    I then made some spacers and glued them onto each plate. Then using the setup jig, glued the plates with the connected spacers together. On the back, the grooves have strips of the PVC material glued in.

Here is a picture of the jig.

J.A.F.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by John W
    Here is a picture of the jig.
    Your beautiful workmanship makes me feel like I am all thumbs
    Amazed I'm still alive!
    Tim

Wooden lenses

Hello. this is my first time to write here. The wooden lenses with 4355s are my items. The lenses are made by my acquaintance. If someone want it, I can do business with instead of him. Also I have some grill emblems(replica) for sale. 4343, 4343B, 4344, 4345, 4355 is in stock. They are $80.00 per pair + $15.00 shipping(ship to anywhere via EMS). And 4343 foilcal(replica) is same price. Please email me if you are interested.

Thread Information