Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Serial Number registry?

C51 Apollo pair with 030 systems

C51 Apollo pair with 030 systems being parted out in separate ebay auctions.

C51 serial number 53575 and 35376
    D130 serial number 70922 and 70928
    075 serial number 43613 and 43625
    N2400 serial number 21852 and 21905

woofers in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-JBL-D130...QQcmdZViewItem

from auction description:
    Here is a matched pair of vintage JBL D130 15", 16 Ohm speakers which came out of a pair of C51 Apollo speakers which I am parting out. Very close consecutive numbers of 70922, 70928. They are in excellent cosmetic condition and have the original JBL cork gaskets for around the perimeter. Both speakers have the original cones but one of them has a very old tear which was repaired years ago. It will need a new repair or a re-cone to be usable. They measure 6.4 & 6.5 ohms on my DVM with no load. An excellent addition to anyones collection. Money back guarantee you will not be disappointed.
    Visit my other auctions for more vintage JBL parts out of these C51 Apollo's including the 075's and N2400's as well as the cabinets and grilles.

tweeters in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-JBL-075-...QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a matched pair of vintage JBL 075 bullet tweeters and brackets which came out of a pair of C51 Apollo speakers which I am parting out. Very close consecutive numbers of 43613, 43625. 16 ohms. They are in mint, original condition and have all of the original JBL wax seals. They measures 5.9 & 5.9 ohms on my DVM with no load. An excellent addition to anyones collection. Money back guarantee you will not be disappointed.
    Visit my other auctions for more vintage JBL parts out of these C51 Apollo's including the N2400's and D130's as well as the cabinets and grilles.

crossovers in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-JBL-N240...QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a matched pair of vintage JBL N2400 crossovers which came out of a pair of C51 Apollo speakers which I am parting out. Very close consecutive numbers of 21852, 21905. They are in mint, original condition and have the original JBL seals around the perimeter. These were used to run a D130 and an 075 in the C51 cabinets but will work with many different combos. An excellent addition to anyones collection. Money back guarantee you will not be disappointed.
    Visit my other auctions for more vintage JBL parts out of these C51 Apollo's including the 075's and D130's as well as the cabinets and grilles.

cabinets in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

Here is a pair of Vintage JBL Apollo C51 EMPTY Speaker Cabinets. Consecutive Serial Numbers 53575 & 53576. The grilles and drivers have been removed and are on other auctions. These came with D130's, 075's & N2400's. Dark oiled walnut. Overall condition is ok to good, except for the top of one box has a big chunk that has been broken off of the top right edge. They measure 26 1/2" x 26 1/2" x 18" at 50 lbs each.

fretwork grills in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-JBL-Apol...QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a pair of Vintage JBL Apollo C51 Speaker Grilles with hand carved fretwork design. The cloth on the inside has been removed. Measures 26 1/2" x 26 1/2" x 4 1/2". Oiled walnut or Tawny walnut. Overall condition is pretty good.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

L65 pair with dated bill of sale

L65 pair with dated bill of sale listed in ebay auction.
    These were originally purchased in the UK.
    Bill of sale dated September 8th, 1978.

L65 serial number 69252A and 69817A

Listed in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:X:RTQ:US:11

Beautiful pair of JBL L-65a Speakers with Original boxes, Tags, Manual, Paperwork, Warranty card and Bill of Sale, wow!
    These are in amazing condition and need nothing. I am the second owner having bought them three years ago in Utah. I drove 400 miles one way so that they would not be shipped. The woofers have been refoamed within the last few years, the other drivers are perfect also! One woofer has a slight discoloration consisting of some soft white markings which is purely superficial. I will gladly send close up photographs of each driver if requested! The foam is perfect as it should be having been refoamed a few years ago. There are a few small nicks in the wood and something was dropped on the edge of the glass before I acquired them a few years ago. This created a noticible glass ding along the front edge about the size of a quarter. I decided to ignore this due to the fact the glass is scratch free overall and the foam and JBL tags are still on the underside which is cool. I would suggest you not worry about this flaw either. These speakers also come with 1.5 inch gold grounding spikes. This has been my personal set of speakers for the last three years and they are wonderful. I am choosing to let them go to a collector who does not move as often as I do so they stay in pristine shape. They are made of American walnut and truly are works of art.
    These speakers consist of three drivers, one is the famous horn loaded ring radiator 077 tweeter with its amazing dispersion, the 5" LE5-5 midrange, and the JBL 12" 126A woofers. This is where I customized these speakers a bit. The woofer that technically goes with the L-65a is the JBL 122a woofer, however after some research I choose the earlier version woofer from the earlier version of this speaker called the Jubals. This tightened the bass a bit to my ears. Now, the 126a woofers are more expensive and rarer than the 122a woofers, so if you choose to go with the 122a's that would be your choice in the future. Listen to them first with the 126a's and then decide. I have used these daily with my vintage Sansui G -901DB and they sound great! They are gently used speakers and have never been pushed to even moderate levels of sound since I have owned them. The sound is perfect and equal out of both speakers.
    These speakers where bought as a pair and you will have the entire history of these fine speakers in the paperwork. The seriel numbers are 69817 a and 69252 a.

Q: Can you please tell me the date on the bill of sale? Thanks and good luck with your auction! Glen Oct-04-07
    A: The date of sale was September 8th, 1978. These where purchased in Upper Heyford, England. Good Luck!
    glen

L112 parts

L112 parts listed in separate ebay auctions.

128H serial number 69574 and 70309
    LE5-12 batch number 2181 and 2381
    044 batch number 2381 and 2981

woofers in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-Model-128H-W...QQcmdZViewItem

from ebay auction:
    Up for auction is a pair of vintage JBL Model 128H 12 inch woofers. These were pulled from a pair of working JBL Model L112 speakers, serial numbers 69574/70309. The woofers need only to have their surrounds refoamed and a kit to refoam them is included in this auction. They show a DC resistance of around 5 ohms, which would present an 8 ohm AC impedance rating. One woofer has very slight discoloration on the woofer cone, small spot as shown in the picture. Cone surface/dust caps are in perfect working order.

midranges in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-LE5-12-Midra...QQcmdZViewItem

from ebay auction:
    Up for auction is an excellent pair of vintage JBL Model LE5-12 midranges, serial numbers 2181/2881. These were pulled from a pair of working JBL Model L112 speakers. Each midrange is fully functional with no rips, tears, voice coil rubs or other nasties. They show a DC resistance of around 5 ohms, which would present an 8 ohm AC impedance rating.

tweeters in ebay auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-Model-044-Tw...QQcmdZViewItem

from ebay auction:
    Up for auction is a pristine pair of vintage JBL Model 044 tweeters, serial numbers 2381/2981. These were pulled from a pair of working JBL Model L112 speakers. Each tweeter is fully functional with no rips, tears, voice coil rubs or other nasties. They show a DC resistance of around 5 ohms, which would present an 8 ohm AC impedance rating. Bid with confidence, they will be packed very well and arrive at their new home safe and sound. Shipping is a fixed 15 dollars to the lower 48 states. Solid construction--heavy. This auction is for both tweets--one pair.
    glen

240Ti

SN:06682 and 06683.
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

JBL 4313

Serial #s 12345, 11483 all original

Are you wanting Altec serial numbers as well?

I also have some Altec catalogs, price sheets, and the spec sheet for the Altec Valencia which are not in the library.

Larry Rowe

Altec numbers

Quote Originally Posted by diamondsouled View Post
    Are you wanting Altec serial numbers as well?
    I also have some Altec catalogs, price sheets, and the spec sheet for the Altec Valencia which are not in the library.

Larry Rowe
    Hi Larry,
    welcome to the forum.

we started also to collect Altec numbers, but there wasn't that much feedback (we collected about 6 numbers in 2 years) so we gave it up.
    The JBL Registry now counts about 7000 items.

To your Altec catalogs:

please take a look at this :

http://www.audioheritage.org/html/interact/scans.htm

so you can send the scans to our webhost Don.

thanks

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Question

with the collection of data is it now possible to
    get an approximate date on the manufacture of a 375 driver? for example, the one seen in my avatar?
    C40/N400/150-4C/375/2397/2405/D123 (rear) + D208 - LE8T

Thanks for the info HP. I'll get the catalogs scanned and submit them.

Lar

jbl d130

Hi I have a jbl d-130 with serial number 511169 I was looking on ebay and found another d-130 with the same number. Is there a mistake? did jbl make speakers with the same serial numbers on them?

375 age

Quote Originally Posted by Harkness View Post
    with the collection of data is it now possible to
    get an approximate date on the manufacture of a 375 driver? for example, the one seen in my avatar?
    yes harkness,

this driver is from mid 1957

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

no mistake

Quote Originally Posted by jbl inspired View Post
    Hi I have a jbl d-130 with serial number 511169 I was looking on ebay and found another d-130 with the same number. Is there a mistake? did jbl make speakers with the same serial numbers on them?
    hi jbl inspired,

no, this is no mistake.
    from end 40s to beginning of 1956, JBL had a special numbering system.
    This was dechifred by our member Glen.
    It may be a time where they do not built that large number of drivers a year.
    this is the 6 digit code.
    the 511 stand for November 1955 and the 169 is the same on all D 130 from this time. This means, that there will be between 50 and 100 pcs with the same number, built in the same month of the year.
    Later (march 1956) they started with a rising numbering system, mostly beginning with 10.
    That's what we found out till now.......let's see...........

HP

PS: the registry counter from today shows 7031 items, thanks for all the help.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hofmannhp View Post
    yes harkness,

this driver is from mid 1957

HP
    ahh! wonderful, thanks Hofmannhp!

the other 375 that came in my system is serial 2885. is that from much later? i guess it is safe to assume the system was built at the time of the latest component. i don't know the serials on my 150-4C's but i could look for the N400 serials.

is there a place on the site to look them up, or do you have the database?

thanks again!

aging a driver

Quote Originally Posted by Harkness View Post
    ...the other 375 that came in my system is serial 2885. is that from much later? .....
    is there a place on the site to look them up, or do you have the database?
    thanks again!
    Hi Harkness,

the driver with 2885 is from beginning 1958.

there is a 375 with SN 2982, built in a Paragon. This paragon is dated saled 1959. Maybe that a Paragon needs a longer time to be saled, so the driver was built in the Paragon in 1958, but sold in 1959.

No , the list is not posted in the forum. But if you need something, let me know and I will send it to you.

HP

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Hofmannhp View Post
    Hi Harkness,

the driver with 2885 is from beginning 1958.

there is a 375 with SN 2982, built in a Paragon. This paragon is dated saled 1959. Maybe that a Paragon needs a longer time to be saled, so the driver was built in the Paragon in 1958, but sold in 1959.

No , the list is not posted in the forum. But if you need something, let me know and I will send it to you.

HP
    many thanks, again, HP.

i believe my speakers would have been a custom order, as it was the 375/15-4C/N400 combination, but in a Harkness cabinet, with the 375's mounted in the horn mouth driving the curved H5041 horn. it seems it is likely my system dates from 1958 based on the age of the newer 375.

i will check the crossover serial numbers and see if they corroborate this hypothesis. unfortunately i am not able to open up the cabinets to look at the 150-4C serials any time soon. however, i will take note of them should the chance arrive.

Thread Information