Thread: johnaec: Lest We Forget

Thumbs up johnaec: Lest We Forget

Today would have been John's 61st birthday.

One of the unintended consequences of forums like this is keeping the spirit and knowledge of someone alive long after they're gone. In this case, that's a good thing, because I like to reread some of John's comments from time to time. The veracity of them does not change, and it's often a stark contrast to those who end up on the ignore list.

Thanks to Lansing Heritage for introducing me to John and for keeping his legacy alive.
    Out.

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    it's interesting how the medium of the internet has allowed so many to connect closely...
    and facilitated many 'blow ups' as well; due in part at least to the lack of comminucation cues being shard by those communicating.....

for those who are able to transcend the medium and foster positive relationships
    online -- making contributions to other lives, helping folks -- as johnaec no doubt is counted amongst this group of members -- even in his passing...

as evidenced by the annual remembrances by folks who had had (sometimes limited) interactions with the man....

Rest In Peace johnaec,
    it's a beautiful day today in Colorado....
    I trust it's beautiful where you are sitting also...

Another Valentine's Day and another remembrance of what would be John's 66th. It's a privilege to look forward to my 66th in a couple months--one I never take lightly as John was always two months my senior.

My dad celebrates 92 this Friday, so he's here this week with his wife, chaperoned by his grandson (my son) who picked them up at their Ohio residence and flew with them out to the west coast.

We've toured several Central Coast wineries these past two days, and today, I raised a glass to John. They don't know anything about him, so I saluted him in silence. I walked a little further down memory lane with a Scotty tale, a whopper of a Rolf recollection, and a Zilch memory. It was as though they had never left.

Fond memories of fond chaps on a great, sunny day in California.

Out.

Thanks for the memories!

There are several here who were gracious enough to help me and are no longer with us. Scott was one of them. Even though we never met, I will also fondly remember these gentlemen:

Tom Loizeaux
    and
    Steve Higgins (steveh)

It's a nice touch that their profiles remain within this group. Steve and I had talked about my visiting his home in Florida but, sadly, there wasn't enough time.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thank you for todays contributions.
    Threads like this make it a fine location.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Another Valentine's Day and another remembrance of what would be John's 66th. It's a privilege to look forward to my 66th in a couple months--one I never take lightly as John was always two months my senior.

My dad celebrates 92 this Friday, so he's here this week with his wife, chaperoned by his grandson (my son) who picked them up at their Ohio residence and flew with them out to the west coast.

We've toured several Central Coast wineries these past two days, and today, I raised a glass to John. They don't know anything about him, so I saluted him in silence. I walked a little further down memory lane with a Scotty tale, a whopper of a Rolf recollection, and a Zilch memory. It was as though they had never left.

Fond memories of fond chaps on a great, sunny day in California.

Thanks for the reminder TD!

I read posts quite a bit from these forum members and remember that they had a very profound impact on this fourm.

Cheers to them all!
    Always fun learning more.......

TD, it is also important to remember all that you did for the Lansing Heritage award programs and allowing us into your home with your gracious wife. I hope you are doing well on the central coast.

BTW, where on the coast are you? I will be in Paso Robles on the weekend of April 7-9 riding in the Eroica vintage bike ride, maybe have time to drop by (me to you or vice versa?) and say hello and raise a glass or two to fallen comrades.

Regards,

Bart
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Thread Information