Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming soon to a backyard near you........

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by spkrman57
    I have a pair of Altec 1234 cabinets. 15" and 511B horn cutouts on the front. Also has casters on back and peg feet on front.
    I finally found a pic of these, (self-powered versions, with requisite beer stains), when I had a pair for a band I was in - you can see the white PVC tubes I slipped over the front legs to tilt them up. That's me in the green hat playing bass, (the guitar and bass are custom jobs I built back then...). Hidden from view behind the Altec cabinet was my bass rig, with a 2245H and K120 running on 800 watts Crest.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Neat-o!

What year? What tunes?
    Sounds like that bass cab was pretty cool, too.

RIP 2009
    That pic is from about 15 years ago. We played mostly rhythm & blues, rock & roll... The bass got stolen some time later, (never recovered), and the guitar went for "medicine"... 'live and learn...

John

Umm, looks older than 15 years ago! Anyway, the plunge was taken today and the big screen is on order........................

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebake
    Umm, looks older than 15 years ago!
    'Might have been 18 years - definitely not 20, because of where it was taken, (I wasn't there before that...)

John

Projector arrived last week; 5200 lumen Proxima factory refurb. Had to send it for an exchange already........lamp control issues.

Picked up the screen at the freight terminal today. 248 lbs. 3 packages and a 25 foot long giant cardboard tube. Hope to get projector back next week, then dry runs and photos.
    Also got audio together, bought all new rack cases, including a rolling one with handle for the amps. Everything is on wheels or can be dollied.
    Oh yeah, picked up new 6x12 enclosed trailer to haul it and keep the workshop uncluttered. This is gonna rock...........

Mike - Is this a traveling cinema?

When are you coming through Columbus, Ohio with it???

Ron

I will probably be down there with it sooner or later. Talking to two or three people there.

Here 'tis.

Wider angle showing cabs on sticks. (4655 cabs with 2226H/2416, SR4725XF crossover, 4648 cab with dual 2226G based LF cab in middle)

Other particulars; 5200 lumen projector, dual Sony DVD players,.............will send photos of racks etc. later. Working on getting everything on wheels and carts.
    Fun...................
    Everyone commented on the sound quality; it really was decent even with this smaller setup. Lacking real low end power, though. Shoulda kept the two damn 2245H systems. Gonna have to work on it. The 4648 didn't keep up with the CS3115's, either. Their horn loading overpowered the LF balance from the 4648's. Can't use a horn sub, so I guess amp muscle will have to do it, if I attempt it. Getting HT level sub performance just ain't really gonna happen, unh uh.
    Using one of my big quad 15 cabs isn't likely a solution; IS efficient at 103, but HEAVY and I would probably have to add big casters. Too heavy.
    Again, it is nice to have a real SR use for my stuff, doing what it was built to do and not flattening me indoors. I still need to work the CS3115's into the mix for larger shows. Concentrating on learning to setup and adjust the projector was #1 for now; sound I can do, and get decent results. I can improve it later. Also learning my new "board" and the most efficient ways to setup and repack/load out everything. It is a bit of work, mostly pushing the very heavy and clumsy screen around! I found some cool military giant alum. screws for ground anchors.............bought an electric impact tool to "install" them. This is fun because it combines audio with video pursuits, adding to the challenge. Before the show I crank some good tunes.
    Oh yeah, I ordered some 2426H's off Harman, to fire up the old 4560BKA's. I'll try them next time to see how I like them in the mix. Long throw and efficient.

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebake
    Lacking real low end power, though. Shoulda kept the two damn 2245H systems. Gonna have to work on it.
    You might want to check out something like JBL's W15GTI 15" differential drive car audio subs. If you've got the power to drive them, they'll put out just about the same LF as the Sub1500, at least from 30hz up: http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/CAR/Bo...5GTi_rev_f.pdf .

Very high output from really small cabinets. I believe it's basically the same speaker as the 2256 used in the Vertec 4881 sub, (same 20mm Xmax and differential drive):
    http://www.jblpro.com/vertec1/new_vertec/pdf/VT4881.pdf

I ordered some 2526H's
    ??? 'Ya mean 2426H's?

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    ??? 'Ya mean 2426H's?

John
    Yup , that is what I meant. Corrected!
    As for the car sub version..............I'm out of dough right now...............but may look into them down the road. Thanks for the input.

Screen and photo, July 2nd party. Note the 4648A at the bottom of the screen.

Projector and board

Wider angle shot.

Thread Information