Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jbl 4325

Jbl 4325

hello all,

first time, long time. I just picked up a pair of 4325's for a steal. they sound amazing and love them. I'm coming from a pair of 4412's so the sound is completely diffrent. but best of all they came with some additional parts. the seller gave them to me with a pair of 2402h-5 and 3133a crossover as well. now id love to install them all and turn them into a 4333. first off does anyone know if a 2312 will fit in that cabinet before I get to far ahead of myself.

here's a list of what was in the cabinet and given to me
    2402h-5 not installed
    3133a not installed

Congratulations the model 4325 is rare, it’s a 4320 with a different woofer
    It seems interesting to add the 2405 tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by mazen0822 View Post
    hello all,

first time, long time. I just picked up a pair of 4325's for a steal. they sound amazing and love them.
    Pictures, for us visual learners . . . ?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    ill get pics up when I get back home, im out of town for a few more days. I also picked up some goodies from our friend Lee in Montreal.

3133a crossover

need some help, im trying to hook up the 3133a crossover and im not sure what color wires go where. the schematics I found show different color wires then I have. ive got green, white and yellow. im assuming the green is the LF but not sure which the yellow and whites are. I think the white is MF and yellow is HF. can anyone confirm please. ive searched but can't find the answer.

I don't actually know how to post pics

Interesting find. I'm thinking that a 2402H-5 is a 2402 "bullet" tweeter with the 2405 "slot" diaphragm to remove some "peakiness" and extend a bit higher. There may be minor changes to the phase plug for the different diaphragm. If they still have original diaphragms, if I'm not mistaken, it is a nice and fairly rare find.

Hello Mazen, you are correct in your assumption. Green LF, White mid, Yellow high. Also the white wire with black trace will be wired to the positive post. Proper connection for phasing on that crossover. Hope this helps and good luck with your find

I don't actually know how to post pics
    Unfortunately the site is broken. Hopefully this will be temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by jbl4ever View Post
    Hello Mazen, you are correct in your assumption. Green LF, White mid, Yellow high. Also the white wire with black trace will be wired to the positive post. Proper connection for phasing on that crossover. Hope this helps and good luck with your find
    thank you it worked out perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
    Interesting find. I'm thinking that a 2402H-5 is a 2402 "bullet" tweeter with the 2405 "slot" diaphragm to remove some "peakiness" and extend a bit higher. There may be minor changes to the phase plug for the different diaphragm. If they still have original diaphragms, if I'm not mistaken, it is a nice and fairly rare find.
    ive never heard a pair of slots before, however these sound great and don't feel "beamy" as most would say. whole system sounds great. current setup: 4505wx cabinets, 2216, 2445j, 2397 (built by Lee from Montreal) 2402-5, 3133a. powered by:VTA ST-70, Dynaco Pas-4, technics SL-1210 MK2. super happy with the way this is sounding. can't wait to hear what this sounds like once I do new diaphragms in the 2402-5 and 2445j and rebuilding the 3133a

thank you it worked out perfect.ive never heard a pair of slots before, however these sound great and don't feel "beamy" as most would say. whole system sounds great. current setup: 4505wx cabinets, 2216, 2445j, 2397 (built by Lee from Montreal) 2402-5, 3133a. powered by:VTA ST-70, Dynaco Pas-4, technics SL-1210 MK2. super happy with the way this is sounding. can't wait to hear what this sounds like once I do new diaphragms in the 2402-5 and 2445j and rebuilding the 3133a
    If the original diaphragms are still in there working properly, and infact 2405 diaphragms, it would be a mistake to change them, especially if the wax plugs are still inplace. An RTA, or sweep program, can tell if it a 2402 or 2405, or aftermarket diaphragm without opening it up as the various spectra are fairly well documented.

so it looks like its time to rebuild my crossover. the MF and HF on one speaker are no longer working. does anyone have anyone in SoCal that they could recommend on doing this. this is unfortunately well beyond my skill set.

If you are using the 3133 crossover the Lpads could be dirty. At a low volume level turn the knobs back and forth a couple of times. If they do not move chances are they have been over powered and burnt.

Quote Originally Posted by jbl4ever View Post
    If you are using the 3133 crossover the Lpads could be dirty. At a low volume level turn the knobs back and forth a couple of times.
    Or many, many times, quickly. But I'd just leave the volume off, or the whole system off, while twisting the knobs. You could get some snap, crackle, or pops.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Or many, many times, quickly. But I'd just leave the volume off, or the whole system off, while twisting the knobs. You could get some snap, crackle, or pops.
    thanks for the tips, I tried that and still no luck. looks like im still on the search to find someone who can help rebuild this for me. if anyone has any recommendations in SoCal id truly appreciate it.

Thread Information