Thread: Straightening a bent basket 2206

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So i have successfully straightened the jbl basket I made a jig out of 25mm mdf to mount the woofer on, the basket was bolted face down with 5 bolts, I made a bracket/hook out of metal to hook under the lip where the gasket was, this was then held in place with some small G clamps, this hook was connect via a chain to a 2lb hammer. i was then able to yank on the hammer in the desired direction to tug the bend out, It took quite an effort and number of pulls but its perfect now. I have had to replace the gasket. Tried to upload a couple of pictures but no luck, I resized to around 40kb and less than 1000 pixels wide.

Quote Originally Posted by greg32 View Post
    So i have successfully straightened the jbl basket I made a jig out of 25mm mdf to mount the woofer on, the basket was bolted face down with 5 bolts, I made a bracket/hook out of metal to hook under the lip where the gasket was, this was then held in place with some small G clamps, this hook was connect via a chain to a 2lb hammer. i was then able to yank on the hammer in the desired direction to tug the bend out, It took quite an effort and number of pulls but its perfect now. I have had to replace the gasket. Tried to upload a couple of pictures but no luck, I resized to around 40kb and less than 1000 pixels wide.
    Yeah, the forum is broken.

Check out Earl K's post 26 in this thread: https://www.audioheritage.org/vbulle...ad-error/page2

Widget

Thanks Mr Widget i think it worked!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Always worth the effort to try and save a piece of industrial art. BRAVO! I always attempt to repair anything before discarding it. On the first truly significant job I got after leaving the Navy, which was building and installing specialized electronic systems on military bases, I had a great boss name of Jack, who had two great slogans that the crew was expected to live up to. #1 was "If we can't fix it, it ain't broken." #2 was "There is only one thing on this job that you CAN'T do." "And what is that?", the new guys would ask. Answer: Work Here. BTW, what function is that driver utilized for? Is it a killer midrange in a pro sound system?
    "Why don't you Mine your own Bismuth, so you won't be mining mine?"

Thread Information