Thread: Help please. JBL madison lx3 crossover help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Smith Jr View Post
    So you just want a stock rebuild? Tell me again what you pulled them from and what you want to put them back into, Madisons? A lot of the C48 Madisons just ran the LE8 full range, sometimes the S5? Which ones do you have? I assume from your schematics you have the S5 with a LE30, yes?
    With some of the ancient marking systems the third digit is a multiplier.

Joe
    Yeah. Just a stock rebuild. Theyre in the older madisons with the s5 package. Everything is16ohm. Im giving them a good cleaning, new caps, new foam, new binding posts on inputs. They have the le30. Which was starting to sound dull. Im sure the caps are out of spec. They both are reading close to 7.5uf.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKapusta View Post
    Yeah. Just a stock rebuild. Theyre in the older madisons with the s5 package. Everything is16ohm. Im giving them a good cleaning, new caps, new foam, new binding posts on inputs. They have the le30. Which was starting to sound dull. Im sure the caps are out of spec. They both are reading close to 7.5uf.
    Would certainly make sense
    I think the 1uF cap value is the correct one
    The only problem I am having is the "100" marking on your old cap, are you certain that's not "105"?
    The 8 versus 16 topic has been much discussed, it doesn't make any difference what the labels say, treat things as if they were 8
    With your LX3 versus LX3-1 I can't find anything to indicate any issues there either-I am sure I am combing through the same material as you already have
    There is that sort of consistent inconsistency in those really old catalogs
    The 1962 catalog does make it clear that that is indeed the correct network, sans the 1 but again, it is in complete agreement with both of the verified schematics
    I'd go with that

Joe

Thread Information