Thread: JBL 4367 first listen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by jpw View Post
    THE PROBLEM IS that even after lots of placement experimentation and utilizing the riser, the frequency response of this speaker is not flat in the bottom end. The range from 80-160 hz is up 4-6db compared to 50hz and 200-250hz on either side. The output at 40 hz has come up from where it was earlier with the speakers further into the room, but it is still 6 down from 50hz. There is a spread of at least 10db or so between 40hz and 100hz. I've measured and listened to a lot of speakers in this room over the years and believe most of this to be a trait of the speaker. It's very audible and I am frankly bothered by why a PRO JBL speaker so accurate in all other areas would have such an obvious bass hump built in. EQ will be necessary (not a deal breaker for me as EQ is everywhere in audio if you look for it) unless I can find a substantially more linear response curve in a different location, which I doubt at this point.
    Hallo!

First I would like to say, Congrats on your new speakers.

I have to correct you here regarding the freq response of the speaker you wrote here. I do not belive that there is a problem with the speakers freq response. All this problem you describe here is due to your room freq response that affects the behaviour of how the speakers sounds in your room. Yet, I have not seen how your room looks like or if you have some acoustical treatment.

I am not using any EQ in my 4365 to correct for room anomalies.

All I want to say is, don't blame the speaker, blame your room acoustics.

Happy listening

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwins View Post
    All I want to say is, don't blame the speaker, blame your room acoustics.
    I am sure you're right that the room is playing a huge part in this, however his point was that he has listened to many, many systems in this room so he is pretty familiar with what the room is contributing.

Widget

Mctwins
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I am sure you're right that the room is playing a huge part in this, however his point was that he has listened to many, many systems in this room so he is pretty familiar with what the room is contributing.

Widget
    Yes, I understand. if I remove my treatment where I have my 4365 it will shure sound differen't, but, I will not blame the speaker.

I am referring to what "jpw" wrote, "the frequency response of this speaker is not flat in the bottom end."

Thread Information