Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your first JBLcomponents??

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by paragon View Post
    A pair of this (2205A) in 78, later another pair (for project 4520).
    A year later 2390 Horn-Lens and last the 2441 driver.
    All new and still here since 25 years (exept 2390), playing loud.
    BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL!

paragon

??

Wie jetzt ?

Hab ich wieder was falsches gesagt ?

Sei-du-Tee-voll ??

Better is to be "beer full" , i think.

Regards, Eckhard

The fabulously efficient and musical 4663A, but instead of a 2370 it had a 2345, and a beautiful phenolic 2461 instead of a 2425. The whole system was mint. I should have tried the 2461 on a 2370. The 2345 was a bit of a turd. Then came 2370A's, 2225's, 2404's, etc. I still love the 2405H. The 4560BKA box is still a winner in my book; it never fails to deliver the goods.

Tom Loizeaux
    I aquired a Fender Showman in my twenties. It had a JBL D140F in it. It didn't take me long to fall in love with the sound, efficiency and quality of JBL drivers.
    I'm still enthralled!

Tom

I was working in a store that sold JBL so I knew I didn't want any of the little stuff. I had a nice Mac setup. I got a chance to buy a couple of JBL/Ampex theatre woofers a customer helped me build two C55 horns the store loaned me two 15 inch EV's all I could afford on top were used 500 altec horns and drivers and I built my crossovers out of almost motor run caps and wash machine solonoids and I had the Grateful Dead at my house. If the band down the block bothered me I'd just turned the music up. If they pissed me off I put on Normon Greenbaum and turned the music up and someone would come over to make peace in no time. When I'd get stoned sometimes I'd modify the crossovers till they were just right, but in the morning someone had messed my crossovers all up.

When I'd get stoned sometimes I'd modify the crossovers till they were just right, but in the morning someone had messed my crossovers all up.

You are funny man...Thom
    Ahhh, back in the day....

sa660

JBL 2403 076

My first JBL component
    Then I ordered the 2226 and received the E-145, I was upset.

Well if you can imagine, my first were...L-100's!!

Aleks Div

Quote Originally Posted by sa660 View Post
    My first JBL component
    Then I ordered the 2226 and received the E-145, I was upset.
    Dear Sir,

Please send me link for frequency response 076 driver.

Thank & regards

Aleksandar

[email protected]

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by aca.divac@yahoo View Post
    Dear Sir,

Please send me link for frequency response 076 driver.

Thank & regards

Aleksandar

[email protected]
    a thread you may be interested in...
    (ring radiator comparison thread)

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ead.php?t=6368

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    You mean you can buy this shit without the cabinets? :dont-know

Greetings, All,

Back in the 1970's, I was playing in a 10 piece horn band, down in San Diego. We needed a better PA, and I scraped up enough money to buy a pair of Altec 816 boxes, loaded with JBL D130's, and 811B horns up top, with Altec 806A drivers. I quickly found out that it needed a REAL crossover, instead of the crappy little non-polarized cap that the seller gave me to protect the compression driver's diaphragm, Blew it up on the first set of the first night of use!! Had two monitors for myself, too, both with single K120's in them, and one 2105 in each cabinet, with no tweets at all.

But, I got a nice, sturdy crossover made, and after that, fell in deep lust with the clean, clear, and crisp sound of that system!! I would take them home, between gigs, and hook them up to my crappy Sansui 15 wpc quad receiver, and crank up the Tower of Power, Chick Corea, Chicago, BS&T, and Cold Blood!! Ohhhh, that system sounded good to me!! Later, I sold that system, and then kicked myself in the arse for making that mistake! Shortly thereafter, I wanted a really nice pair of speakers, as the ones I'd gotten with my Sansui, Dow Stereo housebrand "Apollo 600's", were a POS, and I wanted a JBL/Altec sound instead. Didn't have a ton of money, so I removed the crappy woofers from those POS "Apollo's", and replaced them with my K120s, and the mids with those 2105's. I added a soft dome tweeter from Peerless, and then couldn't understand why I could NEVER hear it!! Poor little bastard couldn't keep up with those JBL's!!!!

From there, I bought every JBL component that came my way, and a few from Altec, too, and here we are today, with me FINALLY getting an actual and complete, original JBL stereo speaker system, my first.... L300's!! I had some 4408's before that, but they had aftermarket cones in them, and no grills, so they don't count!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Quote Originally Posted by soundboy View Post
    anyway....so what was your first JBL component??
    Hello Soundboy,

Good idea for a topic!

My first JBL was a 2235 which I made into a B380 type sub together with my version of a bx63.....for 6 channels for you guessed it future HT expansion in the early Dolby Surround/Prologic days. I never did find another five 2235 woofers.

Best
    JA
    Have Fun - >>> Nessun Dorma - 12 years old <<<
    Best, Joe Alesi

L36 pair back in 1976.A lot of stuff since. recently got a pair of C54 TRIMLINE in very good shape with original LE8T surround still pliable.Lack of bass but a true live sound at a moderate level

D130 & D131 in DIY back-loaded folded corner horns: 1960.

Thread Information