Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: iPod/iTunes Users Thread

Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Hey, Ti, where ya been? I was worried about you. Had nobody to talk to about Ian Gillan. Nobody to critique me on the density of my studio.

Seriously, hope all is well, good to see you post.

je

iLounge strikes again

These guys take iPod products seriously. Even I didn't know JBL had three models of its flying saucer, the On Stage III.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/rev...on-stage-iiip/
    Out.

These guys take iPod products seriously.
    Me too....Oh man am I gonna be a hit at the beach with BIG tunes this summer !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

The one that's best is usually the one that fits your budget and does what you want it to do.

...at least until you see someone else's doing it better.
    Your right TD. I was using both the Zune 30G and the Ipod. Then I just got the Zune HD. I love listening to HD radio without commercials. In my area KSHE (93.7) is unbelievable. If you hear a song you like you just put it in the cart for download later. I'm sure Ipod will be coming out with that soon.

The unofficial guide to installing iTunes 10 without bloatware

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/the-u...bloatware/2390

I tried some of the above linked tips yesterday , found out I didnt need Bonjour service, removed it and gained some overall speed.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by Audiobeer View Post
    In my area KSHE (93.7) is unbelievable.
    Now that, my friend, is a real "blast from the past" for me! Haven't heard those call letters in over 45 years.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by takenodisk View Post
    Hi titanium,i was talking about the brand new slim thing ,i would be glad to replace battery at this price but can't even find a hole for screwdriver,anyway i'll make a search see if there's any available on the net,that would save me from throwing it away(to you) .
    I'm kidding Titan,thx for the useful info,regards .
    Thread revival:

I have the last generation iPod Classic (Gen7) and the battery goes dead when plugged in to my USB in the car when the car is turned off, and the car won't recognize the dead iPod to start it and charge it. When Apple discontinued the iPod I went out the next day (September 2014) and bought the only two new ones I could find in my area. Still have them, in their original sealed boxes. But I figured I'd try to replace the battery in my old one before messing with my backups. So I ordered a battery and tools ($10) and some more tools ($7) just in case.

Today, rainy and cold, I thought I'd give it a try. Watched probably eight YouTube videos and saw many different methods. Each one cautioned that it was not for the faint at heart. I polished up my small putty knives, and tried to crack the case with the tools that came with the battery. The tool for popping the clips broke in two on the first attempt. The other set only had one "splitter" but six "guitar picks" and other tools. Long story short, I got it open. Actually bending the case on one side (Left) seems to be the only way in. The clips you're supposed to be "releasing" are seemingly impossible to release and prying will just bend them out of the way, allowing the case to come apart. So I pried the side open enough to get a 2-inch thin putty knife in there and used it to bend the case back enough that after about a half-hour of bending, wedging, shining a flashlight inside, it finally separated. You then have to bend the clips back so they'll hold the case together, dead-blow the case back into shape, pry out the old battery without damaging the ribbon connector that runs under it or the headphone connector, or the ribbon to the hard-drive. It's stuck in with sticky tape underneath it. Bend the ribbon on the new battery to an angle that lets you get it back into the circuit board connector, snap the lock back on it, and snap the case back to the front. I managed the repair without any visible damage, which apparently is some feat—at least according to the Internet chats.

The sad thing is now that I've have it apart and see how the clips work, I'm not sure I learned anything useful for the next time I have to do it. Probably easier on one that has already been breached, but other than knowing the location of the clips now, I think the case still has to be sprung to get it off. The original iPods with the plastic front are much easier to snap on and off. These last-Gen versions are certainly not!

But, all is well and working. I even plugged it into my harmon/kardon iPod "boom box" Go+Play designed by JBL which I used while we were building the house. Pretty incredible sound quality for what it is:

Advanced Technology
    To deliver unmatched high-performance sound, the system features a number of proprietary technologies, including dual-proprietary Ridge transducers. They're made from aluminum, which is inherently strong yet lightweight. This design allows these drivers to reproduce sound with unparalleled accuracy and detail for their size, and means that your music will be played back with a rich midrange and crystal-clear highs, without distortion.

The new Go + Play delivers an incredible sound experience from most dockable iPod models, MP3 players, or other audio devices, regardless of where you happen to be. View larger.

To deliver thunderous bass, the Go + Play uses dual Atlas woofers, which maximize audible output. The Atlas woofers are a high-excursion design, which allows them to deliver the bass response of much larger woofers, and means you'll hear tight, deep bass that will make your music sound more dynamic.

Powering the speakers are two 30-watt Harman Kardon amplifiers, which are designed to deliver high output with minimal distortion. The system even uses highly advanced digital signal processing and equalization to deliver cool, efficient power. All of that technology comes together in the Harman Kardon Go + Play system to provide a sound experience--whether on the go or in your personal entertainment space--you need to hear to believe.
    So, all's well with the ipod. And you can still send T-dome all your old Gen iPods, but send me the newer stuff—before chucking them in the trash!

Thanks
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Glad I've never attempted to crack either of my last gen 160gb iPods apart. One has needed a replacement headphone jack for years but I still use it via the Apple connector for the car and such. Batteries are still OK on both.

If I could find a music player that is compatible with my iTunes library and also allows me to bitstream to a DAC, that would be awesome. I don't think such a device exists though.

Thread Information