Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New setup up and running...

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf
    I have been thinking about posting a thread about my hi-fi life from the beginning up to now, but it seems like these kind of posts is anoing to a lot of forum members so I have not posted it. This would have to be as an attachment, (Word Doc) as it would be quite a long story.
    Why not post it. People can read it if they choose or they can choose to move on. I am sure that at least some forum members will enjoy following your journey.

Widget

norealtalent
    ...afterall, there is no destinaton, only the endless journey. When we're really fortunate, we can share the same paths for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget
    Why not post it. People can read it if they choose or they can choose to move on. I am sure that at least some forum members will enjoy following your journey.

Widget
    I send you a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    Rolf,

I would love to come to Norway and make some nice stuff with you so long as we can fit in some Bird Watching and sip on a cleaning Ale .

Ian
    Sure! As we live on the country side we have plenty of wild life around us. Birds from the smallest to the King Eagle live in my area. You can sit on the terasse? and watch a lot of them. Small and large wild animals often visit our back yard. Anyway, the ale (beer?) is very good in Norway, and I provide whatever you need.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by norealtalent
    Got lucky on the SM-6 too. Thought that TAD 150 would be better since Ken upgraded from his Adcom to it. That Adcom must be pretty bad compared to the SM-6 cause the TAD didn't last a week in the rack!

Wow, I just got an SM6 Perreaux for my brother. I brought it home to try out. I would definitely keep one of these and sell the Tad. I can understand norealtalents objection to the Tad 150 after just a couple of cd's. I really noticed the difference in upper high end and mid bass. The low bass remained similar. There are other differences as well but these slapped me in the face.

A rip around the toms on a drum kit are stunning "crisp and articulate". Cymbal rides and crashes can only be described as cleaner with less...I hate to say "distortion". Did you hear this as well Dave?

No doubt about it, the Perreaux SM6 is worth the price difference. I will definately keep my eyes open for one of these. My brother paid 1100 for it and 240 bucks in freight and import duties.

Take a bow Dave

Ken

Hi Ken,

- Thanks for the mini-review and preamp update !
    - Always good to hear your subjective opinion on things.

Thanks Earl

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K
    Hi Ken,

- Thanks for the mini-review and preamp update !
    - Always good to hear your subjective opinion on things.

It is what it is. Dave influenced me to give one a try and I am grateful he did.

Don't get me wrong, the Tad is a fine pre and out performs the Adcom 750 hands down, but the Perreaux is in another league. Keep in mind the Perreaux is 2x the price of the Tad 150 Signature.

I am getting a Boulder 1012 in 3 weeks. I will have it for a one month trial. It will be interesting to see if its worth the price and how it compares to the Perreaux.

Ken

Thread Information