Thread: JBL W1000H

Isophon

Cool JBL W1000H

Hi All.

This is my first time posting here, what a great place to visit !! Tons of info regarding JBL and Altec

I have heard that model W1000H is worth buying. Would any of you recommend it ?

If I were to buy one, what is the usual price range.

I have try looking at H/K web site but did not find much regarding spare parts to buy.

BTW, this was the driver used in JBL 1500.

Thanks in advance,
    Eric

Isophon

I meant W1500H

Hi,

I little type, the driver is the W1500H.

TIA,
    Eric

Welcome aboard! The W1500H is the next generation of the Sub1500... there are many here who will freely endorse this fine driver. I would expect the W1500H to be at least as good as the Sub1500. Since it is so new, it may be difficult to get one though.

Widget

Hi Eric

- Since you're a new member, be aware that this site does have quite a good search engine built into it. It's button isn't exactly prominent within my browsers display / so it's often easy to overlook its' use ( see my example ).

- I've included a partial "screen capture" of all the returned hits obtained, when one does a simple text search for; W1500H . Inside some of these threads are a few pics of the W1500H / along with some small bits of other useful info .

- I don't know if this product is officially released / maybe somewhat explaining it's present lack of profile around here.

- Another observation ; 2/4 ohm "companion" products to these home sub-woofers seem to show up in the auto-sound sector first . Within that market , they are priced quite competively. That means they are sometimes more affordable than the roughly comparable product within the audiophile sector.

- Here's a pic a 10" version ( that could be labelled W1000H for all I know ) . Maybe Akira can expand on this product. See Akiras' L100 Makeover Thread for more insights on using so-called "car" woofers for home audio . Also read the linked thread for a look at his great L100 makeover.

BTW So you are aware, you can edit the title of this thread ( within 24 hrs of posting it ) / if you want it to be a little more accurate.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thread Information