Thread: Raffle Closing

Raffle Closing

It's time to close our raffle and determine a winner. I am proposing to send out the following as an email to all of the forum members. Let me know if you have any concerns. Otherwise it will go out tomorrow morning.

We have now decided on a closing date for the L100 raffle. I want to thank everyone that has participated to date to make our raffle a resounding success. To date, we have raised a gross amount of $2700 with the sale of 540 tickets. This is just $300 short of our initial target. Therefore, we have decided to close the raffle at 12:00 noon on Saturday, January 29, 2005 with the hope that we can reach our target in this time. Even if we don't, the drawing will be held regardless.

This is the last call to get in on this raffle. As stated previously, a minimum of 15% of what we raise will be donated to tsunami disaster relief. We have already made a $500 contribution to Sarvodaya USA. If for some reason your payment arrives after the closing date and time, we will donate it to this charity and continue to do so for all donations received for the following week.

We’re going to try something novel for the actual drawing to ensure that it is transparent. We’re going to use a publicly drawn lottery number to determine our winner. The lottery is the one local to me, the Western Canada Lottery, for which the results are published here:

http://www.wclc.com/

The winner will be determined from the Sunday, January 30, 2005 Pick Three game using the following formula:

Winning Ticket Number = round ((pickthree / 1000) X numbersold) + 2005

Where:

round = the round function as implemented in Microsoft Excel 2003 to result in a whole number

pickthree = the three digit number drawn for the Western Canada Lottery Pick Three game on January 30, 2005

numbersold = the number of raffle tickets sold as of 12:00 noon, January 29, 2005

The pickthree number is divided by 1000 because the range of possible numbers is 0-999 and we will have sold less than 1000 tickets.

2005 is added to this result because the ticket numbers started at 2005 and are incremented by 1 for every ticket issued.

As I said, this is the last chance to get your tickets. These can be purchased from the following link:

http://www.audioheritage.org/html/projectmay/raffle/rules.htm

Thank you again for participating in our fundraising raffle.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

dennis j leisz

Raffle

Hi Don, Great news, but the ticket numbers started with our present year 2005. Maybe a typo. Good work everyone!! Dennis Leisz

That would be a typo - now fixed. Are you going to be available next weekend to relay the total number of tickets sold after the closing? If not, I'll choose a date when you are available.

Don

dennis j leisz
    Don, I will be available next weekend. I am out of town on a west coast swing Monday thru Friday. I will be checking the account while I'm away and assigning ticket numbers. Dennis

Alex Lancaster
    How is it going?

2pair

Upcoming draw....

So...I, uhhh, hate to ask, but, I will be getting my numbers before the draw, right?

I had the pleasure of having dinner with Dennis last night and he was going to be traveling back home today. I am sure that he will assign all outstanding numbers before the drawing, but to make his life just that much more difficult I am going to grab another ticket right now.

Widget

I trust somebody will do the math for me.

dennis j leisz

Raffle ticket numbers

Hi Everyone, My records indicate that as of 7:00 am., CST Saturday, all of the donations have a ticket number assigned. If you paid your money and no tickey then please contact me. We have raised a total of $3,340 thru the sale of 668 raffle tickets. Nice work everyone! Good Luck to all, Dennis

Did we reach our goal.

Hi, Dennis. If the PayPal fees (about $100 I'm guessing) and the Tsunami Relief donations are subtracted, did we hit our goal? Thought the goal was somewhere around $3000. If these numbers are close then I think we might be just shy of our goal. I just sent in a little extra to help get us closer anyway.

Ed S.

There will be a minor postponement in the drawing until Tuesday, February 1, 2005. Our treasurer was called out of town on a business trip last week and cannot check for posted payments until Monday. We are still closing the raffle as of today at 12:00 noon, CST. However, we will issue tickets for any payments that were are found at our mailing address on Monday morning. As in the original notice, the Western Canada Lottery Pick Three will be used for the drawing. However, we will use the Tuesday, February 1, 2005 drawing and not the Sunday, January 29, 2005 drawing for this purpose.

Thank you for your patience.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

Obsolete
    Oh damn it all to hell!

I was hoping you guys would be able to ship them to me on Monday after I won on Sunday! Now I have to wait until freakin' Wednesday!

And the girls were so looking forward to hearing their favorite band through them at Monday's pool party.

OFD
    Giskard, I grew up in Cleveland Heights, and I'd swear that The Wall was a Latin teacher at Heights High School. Nice to see she's still one brick short........

Oh, the West Coast Sound must find its' roots, lest there be another curse on the east akin to the Curse of the Bambino.

Thread Information