Thread: Need help with cabinet plans for GPA 416-8C

Need help with cabinet plans for GPA 416-8C

Hi.. I am in Moldova . Help , please , with cabinet plan for Altec 19 .I have 416-8c ; 908-8b +811 horn . Want assembled altec 19 or other model . Cannot find plans for 19 . Can you help me ? P.S. if you have any drawing Altec 19 , send me , please :[email protected]

Alex,

I have many Altec plans, but i need to check in my stuff if i have one for model 19 or close to. Maybe i have something.

I don't have time for this right now but i'll look into this later tonight or tomorrow and will reply here on the forum.

Richard
    POWERED BY: QSC, Ashly, Tascam, Rolls Mosfet, NAD, and Crest Audio

Hi Alex,

RE "Want assembled altec 19 or other model . Cannot find plans for 19 . Can you help me ?"

Unfortunately, after checking i don't have a true Altec # 19 cabinet plans, though i've got a lot of other Altec material (some of it from GPA).

Someone here who possibly measured the 19 and cloned it might be able to provide you a copy of his plans.

Also there's two other plans i saw, among a bunch, Altec original potential box plans that i have which may be second best here. These won't be clones of the 19 though, and may require some modification(s), therefore woodwork.

BTW are you sure of your GPA 416-8C designation for the woofers you have? The original 416-8C data i have is from the Altec spec sheet, not from GPA (for example 414-8B and 416-8B info i have is from GPA, but not for the 416-8C). This could make a difference.

I inquire about this because some GPA models are not exact clones of the original Altec but rather a new similar model. Moreover sometimes the TS parameters have changed from Altec to GPA and that might impact the proper box data (Vb, Fb, F3). So to consider alternative cabinets, if that is the case, its preferable to know exactly if a driver is a GPA or a genuine Altec. Or in between, maybe an Altec reconed by GPA?

Let me know if you want to consider potential enclosure alternatives.

Richard
    POWERED BY: QSC, Ashly, Tascam, Rolls Mosfet, NAD, and Crest Audio

Altec 416-8C

Hi . this is my Altec . Plus I have 811 horn . rgd Alex
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Alex,

You need to know for sure what you have on-hand before thinking about any loudspeaker cabinet. This is essential since woofers don't usuallly go into any box that crosses your mind, if you want a successful outcome.

I'm not sure of what you have exactly with regards to the second woofer shown, the one having no identification but has a back vent. Your Altec 416-8C shown doesn't have a back vent, this gives me the impression the second woofer is from another model, Altec or GPA, and possibly reconed as 416-8 something ? Also screws on the Altec and none on the other...

At this point i'm not even convinced that you have two ferrite magnet woofers? Right now i tend to think that you might have one Altec and one GPA (these aren't necessarily the same, as i have an example where they are notably different on some important specs, while having the same model number).

All is probably not lost here, and i still have up my sleeve a trick waiting, regarding a potential box, in case the woofers' TS are somewhat different. For the box salvaging trick to work i need more info i don't have about the "mysterious" second woofer.

Other members may have different ideas/opinions about it, but they haven't shown-up here yet to help you. Some pics are on the way...

Richard