Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: rank the 43XX series for me in order of best most accurate sound

Better bark it up this weekend!

4350A. vs 4355

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    Hello Discus! I see that you have both 4350’s and 4355’s. I have 4350’s and have swapped crossovers and components as to make mine 4355’s in 4350 enclosures. I have never had the opportunity to hear both in short periods of time for rapid comparison. May I ask how you perceive them differently? Thank you Discus. Barry.
    If I have to be completely sincere, they sond very very similar, the 4355 can handle little bit more power due to the 2235H and different tubes, two large tubes instead than 6 smaller. What i really appreciare in the 4355 is the three eq knobs vs a single one on the 4350A, but I doubt I can recognize one from the other!

rolling stands

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I love the collection and am most impressed with your custom rolling stands... very nice solution!Interesting feedback on the twin 2235 vs the 2245 bottom end comparisons. With your rolling stands you can "easily" move the speakers around for a better comparison. Most of us if we have been lucky enough to hear these systems we have only heard them in different rooms or at different times.Hell of a collection, I see you have the M2s in your collection... I think you need to add a pair of K2-S9900s and a pair of DD67000s. Widget
    The rolling stands make playing and swapping very easy, now every single speaker in my collection has been supplied with that.The M2 are great speakers thanks to the tech evolution and to the digital tech into the Crown I- Tech with BSS digital dsp.I wanted to campare the old Dinasours with the New Technology.M2. are really fantastic, sound impressive. less directivity. BUT......"They have no Soul"the 43xx. series have that!

Quote Originally Posted by discus96 View Post
    Yes the whole room is acustically treated, these are commercial perforated wood panels mounted 8 inc from the concrete walls and attatched to the concrete wall there is also 3 inch acustic wool. some of those panels are perforated and some are not. if all would be perfirated the room would be too sound dead.There are free hanging steel perforated wave panels also on the ceiling.
    Beautifully done. I'd love to hear that room.

Hello Discus;

My experience is somewhat similar. I thought the 2440 that drops off hard at about 9.5kHz left the 2405 a lot to do when listening loud. Moving to the 2441 with no signal shaping, it extends out to about 16kHz and while making it a bit more difficult to integrate the 2405 , the 4355 sounded more relaxed and a bit more dynamic on top with the 2441 doing the majority of the work.

I appreciate your reply.

I hope you get to enjoy your JBL collection for a good long time.

Oh yeah, as far as the M2’s being a great speaker minus the soul is spot on to my experience. A good balanced reference though for sure.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

The rolling stands make playing and swapping very easy, now every single speaker in my collection has been supplied with that.The M2 are great speakers thanks to the tech evolution and to the digital tech into the Crown I- Tech with BSS digital dsp.I wanted to campare the old Dinasours with the New Technology.M2. are really fantastic, sound impressive. less directivity. BUT......"They have no Soul"the 43xx. series have that!

Hello Discus,

I concur on your comments comparing the M2 and the 43XX. Our Japanese audio friends are mad about the 43XX for good reason then. I want to try and design a custom analogue active crossover with Jfets for the M2 to see if some of that soul can be recovered. (Delay is possible with a 3rd order Bessel all pass filter).

I love the 43xx series.In my opinion the 4355 is the most accurate speaker and the one I like to listen to, more.In the same room I also have the 4345 but in my opinion the bass out of the double 2235H is far better than the one from the 2245H.There is more punch and control.I do have also the 4343 which I prefer to the 4345 as more balanced.Very personal but the 4345 is sub par to 4350/55 and 4343.I also have the 4333 which is a fine speaker but its limit is that is monoamp.
    Thanks for your input. And what a great collection you have. I noticed your custom stands with wheels. Nice practical touch for moving them around for comparison.

Thread Information