Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I had to say goodbye to my JBL L300s

Quote Originally Posted by tjm001 View Post
    Well, it's been about two months with this setup and I must admit I don't miss my L300s much anymore! The HSU woofer makes these L5s sound as good as or better than the 2235s in the L300s did.
    So glad to hear how much you're enjoying the new system. I can't think of anyone ever having a bad word to say about L5s once they've lived with them for a bit.
    Thanks, T-dome, for educating all of us!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    So glad to hear how much you're enjoying the new system. I can't think of anyone ever having a bad word to say about L5s once they've lived with them for a bit. Thanks, T-dome, for educating all of us!
    Thank you for putting me on to them! I look every few days for listings on them. I was lucky to get this pair for $350.

Well, it's been about two months with this setup and I must admit I don't miss my L300s much anymore! The HSU woofer makes these L5s sound as good as or better than the 2235s in the L300s did. But what was equally impressive to me was that little WiiM Pro Plus shown on top of the CD player. That thing is awesome. Especially for $200+. I doubt if I'll ever buy a CD again. I'm streaming Amazon Music Unlimited through that thing and they have literally a million CD quality or better songs for $9.95 per month. The DAC in that little thing sounds amazing. Tom
    It is good to hear you are satisfied with your new setup. I am curious to know how you set up the tuning for the subwoofer.

Quote Originally Posted by VintageJBL View Post
    It is good to hear you are satisfied with your new setup. I am curious to know how you set up the tuning for the subwoofer.
    Actually I didn't do much more than plugged it into the subwoofer output on the amp, flicked the on switch and adjusted the volume. It sounds great coming from that corner just like that. I'll fool around with some of the setting and let you know. Thanks for the recommendation!

Actually I didn't do much more than plugged it into the subwoofer output on the amp, flicked the on switch and adjusted the volume. It sounds great coming from that corner just like that. I'll fool around with some of the setting and let you know. Thanks for the recommendation!
    Subwoofer setup doesn't get any easier than what you described!

Thread Information