Thread: GR-Research JBL4311 Review

GR-Research JBL4311 Review

Anyone seen this? Curious that there was no before and after listening review.https://youtu.be/F_hhoUz3bkQ?si=EqaVVygpbQZnLTgK

Quote Originally Posted by DonR View Post
    Anyone seen this? Curious that there was no before and after listening review.https://youtu.be/F_hhoUz3bkQ?si=EqaVVygpbQZnLTgK
    Looks like a bunch of guys with instruments selling $400 power cables who never found a speaker they couldn't make look better on paper? For the price of their 4311 kit you could own several 4412A systems complete and ready to blow away any 4311 variant.

I'm glad I don't have to be an EE to enjoy listening to music? What you don't' know can't hurt you, right?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Hello Don

No thanks for posting

Hey he fixes everything broken or not. Why do a listening comparison? He's a curve guy. Some may like the mod but it's certainly not going to be a 4311 anymore.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Someone on FB was asking if anyone would be interested in dropping off their L300 for these guys to come up with a mod. Apparently the poster was too far away to supply his own pair but was interested in getting their mod kit. Another replied that he'd be interested in one of their kits for an L65A. Can't tell if these owners think this is really a worthwhile mod without hearing the mod, or they're just not happy with what they have?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Someone on FB was asking if anyone would be interested in dropping off their L300 for these guys to come up with a mod. Apparently the poster was too far away to supply his own pair but was interested in getting their mod kit. Another replied that he'd be interested in one of their kits for an L65A. Can't tell if these owners think this is really a worthwhile mod without hearing the mod, or they're just not happy with what they have?

Wow! That's just nut's to me. Just leave them be or take out the original crossovers and keep them around so you can change back. It seems to me he has no idea what a 4311 was designed for.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post

Wow! That's just nut's to me. Just leave them be or take out the original crossovers and keep them around so you can change back. It seems to me he has no idea what a 4311 was designed for.

Rob
    Really, you’re surprised? It’s ”mourning in America”.

Logic, rational thought, and honesty have all been abandoned by vast numbers of us. Magical thinking is more popular than reality.

Widget

I don't know where he got an "oem" tweeter for it.If he hadn't started by insulting JBL engineering, we might have been more receptive to the idea of awakening the KLH Six slumbering within our 4311s.
    "Audio is filled with dangerous amateurs." --- Tim de Paravicini

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdave View Post
    I don't know where he got an "oem" tweeter for it.If he hadn't started by insulting JBL engineering, we might have been more receptive to the idea of awakening the KLH Six slumbering within our 4311s.

LOL!! East vs West?

The only JBL kit he sells so far is for the 4311.

That's OK he "upgrades" Revels as well so he is an equal opportunity warranty destroyer selling "parts upgrades" and changing values to get a "flatter" curve Revel 126 Be

https://gr-research.com/product/revel-m126be-upgrade/

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdave View Post
    Funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    That's OK he "upgrades" Revels as well so he is an equal opportunity warranty destroyer selling "parts upgrades" and changing values to get a "flatter" curve Revel 126 Be
    The guy is just another huckster out to make a buck... lucky for him, there is a lot of ignorance out there.

Widget

It doesn’t say much for those Altec 604’s…… the 4310-4311 were designed to mimic. Back in the day with bands including the Who and the Beatles it didn’t matter what it was monitored with ..Lol.

The Hifi industry is full of these types of micro capitalist’s because you can create any fantasy and people will go along with it.

It a more animated version of AV Science review. They don’t use any lab protocols like J.A at Stereophile and attempt to test equipment sent in by freaking readers because the industry doesn’t want to know them.

Thread Information