Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who's here now??

Still learning here

I don't know if I have been away too long or something, but I can not seem to find a way to begin a thread. It's probably posted somewhere, but the forum search came up with nothing similar. I just wanted to share something ... I'm going to plop it right here and if a moderator can scoop it up with any related hay and get it to where it might be handy for others to step in, I would be appreciative. I do not seem to be able to start a thread anymore, not sure why. It's a collection of many, many JBL Technical Manuals and Data sheets from all Harmon has to share these days.https://assets.harman.com/portals/wo...5-8e9935e7334c

Quote Originally Posted by BeDome View Post
    I don't know if I have been away too long or something, but I can not seem to find a way to begin a thread. It's probably posted somewhere, but the forum search came up with nothing similar. I just wanted to share something ... I'm going to plop it right here and if a moderator can scoop it up with any related hay and get it to where it might be handy for others to step in, I would be appreciative. I do not seem to be able to start a thread anymore, not sure why. It's a collection of many, many JBL Technical Manuals and Data sheets from all Harmon has to share these days.https://assets.harman.com/portals/wo...5-8e9935e7334c
    Thanks for sharing.
    And . . . you also made me look and I don't see a "start a new thread" button, either!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Still hanging out.With JBL,the ride been great.

Above messages, on the right (within a forum) Forum Tools > Post a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Above messages, on the right (within a forum) Forum Tools > Post a new thread.
    Ahh, so choose the correct forum, then select "new thread". Sort of makes sense. Sort of.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

I'm here now and then. Still building and learning.

Stuck in the audio paradox;
    The more I learn,
    the less I know......

//Rob
    The solution to the problem changes the problem.
    -And always remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder

Video killed the radio star.

Is there a moderator still on the forum? I needed to ask for help with something but wasn't sure who to ask

In a word Yes!

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Quote Originally Posted by VinylGroove View Post
    Is there a moderator still on the forum?
    I counted three in this thread alone!

I haven't been here for a long time . I have a new project so I will be there again ... gerard

I'm trying to learn the ways of you masters, but I feel I lack the brain capacity to fully digest everything. Yet, I still feel welcome and that I've learned a lot since I stumbled across this forum.

Never have posted much but still checking in from time to time!Just moved to a new place and disappointingly there's no room inside for neither my L300s nor my C40s. Both now sit in the garage.
    Currently: L300, C40 Harkness (030 Load), 4301B

..I'm not sure where to post this but, I recall a member who is no longer with us: A fella who owned a bumper car joint in Long Island? Heard/read great things about the audio system he had but not specifics. That was a little while ago. Just last night I finished watching a documentary about Studio 54 and was intrigued by the audio system. Sadly and as I expected, they didn't touch on that stuff at all. However, I came across this article while searching for information about the audio system at Studio 54: https://daily.redbullmusicacademy.co...d-long-feature

They make mention of Richard Long and how only one of his systems still stand today, the Coney Island bumper car place in Long Island. Would that place be the same place as the member on here? I wish I could recall his handle, but his avatar was a blue bumper car of sorts.. Can anyone confirm and possibly shed more light as to what was installed in his establishment?

***EDIT: I did some more digging and yes, the place I mentioned is indeed the one. Taken from Wikipedia, "...The only surviving Richard Long sound system is at the Eldorado Bumper Car ride in Coney Island, NY. Long was invited to install the system by the Eldorado's owner, Scott Fitlin."

Scott Fitlin! Yep, that's the guy. I remember reading his posts, but had no idea he was connected to Richard Long as I had no idea who Richard Long even was before today... Hopefully there's a Lansing connection.

Thread Information