Thread: Help required on Jensen L18 LF driver enclosure

Help required on Jensen L18 LF driver enclosure

Hi,I have been a member of this forum for a long time, basically reading a lot of useful information and helped me put together a lot of Altec systems for personal use. Now intend to put to use two Jensen L18 Field Coil LF unit, one for each channel. What is the enclosure recommended to house each of these? I am assuming that there are intended to be used in a Open Baffle or a Horn loaded enclosure. Any help on enclosure suggestions for these LF units would be most useful.CheersAnil

POWERED BY: QSC, Ashly, Tascam, Rolls Mosfet, NAD, and Crest Audio

I'm sure that there are folks here who know better than I, but I believe these were used on several different horn systems - but indeed always open back. One of the pics on this page (https://www.audioheritage.org/html/p...co/shearer.htm) shows them arranged very simply on a large baffle board, in the WE "Wide Range" system. Then, I've seen photography of them on both w-bins and those early straight horns, the WE that is like an Altec A1 but with 2 woofers oriented vertically, let me dig up some photos... Well I'm having trouble finding the Jensen pictured from the back right now... I'll search around more later today, working.... But always open baffle... I've gotta keep better notes and organize documents on my PC... I would love to have a pair of these one day, the PLJ 18 as well. Edit: spelling & additional photos Edit again: as I understand, the later alnico "PLJ-18" had the same cone, suspension and everything. Here is an additional photo of one loaded in a simple bass-reflex cabinet as a compact monitor speaker... Totally contradictory I know... If someone knows better than I about some design difference between the two drivers correct me, but I thought the PLJ retained most parameters...
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thread Information