In reviewing our categories, this seems to fit 'Music' much better than 'General Audio Discussion'. This middle aged music fan documents his journey into the calculus of decreasing rewards from attending big live music events. I realize how old we tend to be as a group here, hell I'm seventy-five, but while this fan can mention his aches and pains as some of the reasons for taking in fewer mega events, it is his general feelings about the concerts that interests me the most.

Has the feeling that "Funny I didn't notice this earlier, but sometimes this big concert thing tends to have a lot of BS as a traveling companion". I notice that many of us, myself included, now much prefer finding bands new to us in smaller local venues than seeking marquee acts in big deal nights out. And I think that if we reflect, regardless of our age, of why that is, we will find ourselves wishing we had realized this a lot sooner. More a wisdom than experience thing. "This isn't BS because my knees hurt now, it always was BS."

Anyway, I do not know whether this Everyman will ever feel precisely this way but his point, consciously or not, is well taken I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6pqsD1xRXU