Thread: crossover cards for my 4430's

Exclamation crossover cards for my 4430's

Hi, Would anyone have a set of factory 5235 crossover cards for my 4430's thanks Jeff

It would be easier to purchase and 18 db card and just change the values.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

do you know who can do this ?

If you can lay your hands on the cards and have the required component values anyone who does electronic repairs can handle the task. If you can't find the cards you might look for a BSS FDS360 crossover. Those can be set up for 3rd order filters and there was a much larger universe of those compared to the JBL made crossovers. The BSS were nicer units all in all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffd View Post
    do you know who can do this ?

Ask Restaur’Audio they have such 18dB compatible boards. https://www.restauraudio.fr/accessoi...51-5145.htmlIt is a card for 4345 but the PCB is the same, and I’m pretty sure they can make a set of cards for 4430 for you.

Interesting that the bi-amp cards for the 4430 are 3rd order as the passive networks are 2nd order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    It would be easier to purchase and 18 db card and just change the values.Rob

Actually the passive is a little more elaborate, with a mix of acoustical and electrical roll-offs.

Without pic/graphs shown it would be too long to describe that contents. The yellow highlight section represents the CD horn power response EQ. I posted a similar one previously in my BGW thread but it was a little different like providing the values to make such filter.

The pic with graphs here is clear enough for increased size viewing, i tested it. NOTE: IT WILL BE DELETED SOON (from John Eargle, Loudspeaker Handbook, 2nd ed, P. 116-117).

Please don't repost elsewhere the pics attached. Thank you.

Richard
    Attached Images Attached Images