Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ess Presidents Day Deal

Talking Ess Presidents Day Deal

Anyone else see this? A great DIY deal!

Rob

https://essspeakers.store/collection...SDU4%3D.TmfZ4c
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

There's a bargain. I always found ESS Heil drivers hugely transparent. Good handshake with JBL bass and mid drivers esp in diy builds.

No I hadn't... interesting. They seem to be winding down their business. They haven't had any speakers available for a while.

I have a pair of their tweeters that I will probably never use. If anyone would like them as tweeters or to stack on their existing AMTs to get greater output and a broader vertical pattern, let me know.

Widget

I was at a Hi Fi show in San Francisco when Dr. Heil presented his idea for bass: two woofers stacked and joined with carbon fiber rods, and as I recall, its own amp.I traded at one point some antique hi fi for a pair of Heil tweeters. Many years later they went on eBay.The only place I ever heard the ESS AMT-1's was Tower Records on Columbus in San Francisco. The Heil name always made me a little uneasy. It would have been a worthwhile gesture, I think, to call them Oskar tweeters instead. That would have been emphatically on the right side of history.
    "Audio is filled with dangerous amateurs." --- Tim de Paravicini

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    No I hadn't... interesting. They seem to be winding down their business. They haven't had any speakers available for a while.I have a pair of their tweeters that I will probably never use. If anyone would like them as tweeters or to stack on their existing AMTs to get greater output and a broader vertical pattern, let me know.Widget
    You really owe it to yourself to try them out. (I cross them over at 3kHz, but they really shine from ~5 kHz on up.) They don't go quite as high as a 2405, but they are smoother along the way. If you really want to dispose of them, I'll take them.

My friends who have listened to these AMTs at home have bought them in turn. Even if they can be used up to 800Hz this is not where they are at their best, I have the same opinion as Todalin on this point. Another advantage in some configurations they are isodynamic. On one of my kit I like it very much as a tweeter and not for the mids.
    Music is emotion.

Sale on again ... if interested (no association):

https://essspeakers.store/collection...ing-kit-bundle

AMT pair and mounting kit $250, presumably +tax etc...

I’m in this time.

Mine are on the way.

Thanks Grumpy! And thank you Rob for suggesting I give these a go.
    Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Thanks for the post. I got in this time too. Want to try a pair per side on Klipschorn bottoms.

You can waveguide these to great effect- basically you just want to make the magnet laminates extend out further in a flat plane, and terminate the edge with as much roundness as possible. https://www.enjoythemusic.com/diy/12..._amt1_horn.htm

Quote Originally Posted by badman View Post
    You can waveguide these to great effect- basically you just want to make the magnet laminates extend out further in a flat plane, and terminate the edge with as much roundness as possible. https://www.enjoythemusic.com/diy/12..._amt1_horn.htm
    I've already done this and generated the file but the site will not let me display the flairs. I see no way to post photos here anymore and you can't simply put in the URL. The curve begins right at the "flat." I actually have two sets. One is with the flair/curve and the other simply extends the existing 45 degree angle out with a point at the terminus. I had a friend make them on his 3D printer.

Photos seem to work

Let's see:
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Are you people running Windows7 Pro and Chrome? For me, this site no longer has the icons for any insertion or link of any type. And if I try to put in the URL, it errors. I've found that what I need to do is put in my own opening brackets with the appropriate code, copy in the picture, then put in my own closing brackets/code to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
    Are you people running Windows7 Pro and Chrome? For me, this site no longer has the icons for any insertion or link of any type. And if I try to put in the URL, it errors. I've found that what I need to do is put in my own opening brackets with the appropriate code, copy in the picture, then put in my own closing brackets/code to make it work.
    Of course not - I'm using Safari on a mac Mini

Earl had posted a while back about changing your settings in your User Profile to match what is shown in this image - ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Of course not - I'm using Safari on a mac MiniEarl had posted a while back about changing your settings in your User Profile to match what is shown in this image - ...
    Thanks. I'll look into it.

Thread Information