Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio Heritage / Lansing Heritage now under the Audiokarma umbrella

Audio Heritage / Lansing Heritage now under the Audiokarma umbrella

As the notice says, we are now part of the Audiokarma family of sites. Like you, I don't want to see things change here and as an early member (#39) I get it. Post any questions or concerns and I will do my best to answer.

Thank you for the update!!
    Always fun learning more.......

Upon logging in this evening I was met with this:

Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here
    With no explanation. I tried another link and got to this point and I seem to be recognized. Did I do something wrong or will everyone get this message now?

Thanks
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Upon logging in this evening I was met with this:

With no explanation. I tried another link and got to this point and I seem to be recognized. Did I do something wrong or will everyone get this message now?

Thanks
    Among other things we have been adjusting settings to filter out bots. I imagine that is what you ran into. Hopefully this won't become a recurring thing.

Widget

Is this forum going to be merged into the "The Lansing Legacy" sub-forum on AudioKarma? Or is it going to remain more separate than that? For those of us who have accounts on both forums (same username on both in my case), are the accounts going to be merged somehow? I think that this is a fantastic idea personally, just curious about the details.

Yeah, I was pretty close to making an account on Audiokarma, would be neat if I wouldn't have to now.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Upon logging in this evening I was met with this: With no explanation. I tried another link and got to this point and I seem to be recognized. Did I do something wrong or will everyone get this message now?Thanks
    Sorry about that. As Widget said, we made some changes that we had to reverse. I got the same message. Should be fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    Is this forum going to be merged into the "The Lansing Legacy" sub-forum on AudioKarma? Or is it going to remain more separate than that? For those of us who have accounts on both forums (same username on both in my case), are the accounts going to be merged somehow? I think that this is a fantastic idea personally, just curious about the details.
    Audiokarma and Lansing Heritage will continue to be their own stand alone forums. There are no plans to merge them. Think of AK as a parent company and Lansing stays its own. AK support helps with behind the scenes stuff like server upgrades and maintenance, software fixes and upgrades. For now working to get things stable, and take care of some long needed maintenance.

Will we be seeing advertising?

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Will we be seeing advertising?
    You have to ask that of the Grumpys - I have no idea.
    But I suspect donations would be appreciated to help pay for the bandwidth ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    You have to ask that of the Grumpys - I have no idea.
    But I suspect donations would be appreciated to help pay for the bandwidth ...
    Agreed. Once things are back up and running, hopefully with a few donations from the committed (or those who should be committed) will hopefully stave off the need to add all of that visual noise.

I believe the current plan is to keep the look and feel of the site as close to the way it has been as possible.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    You have to ask that of the Grumpys - I have no idea.But I suspect donations would be appreciated to help pay for the bandwidth ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Agreed. Once things are back up and running, hopefully with a few donations from the committed (or those who should be committed) will hopefully stave off the need to add all of that visual noise.I believe the current plan is to keep the look and feel of the site as close to the way it has been as possible.Widget
    Would either of you mind updating us as to the best way to donate, either here or AK? I'm a subscriber on AK as well if that helps. I would be happy to help this cause.Thanks for all of your efforts here and there!!
    Always fun learning more.......

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorJBL View Post
    Would either of you mind updating us as to the best way to donate, either here or AK? I'm a subscriber on AK as well if that helps. I would be happy to help this cause.Thanks for all of your efforts here and there!!
    I will ask what they best course of action is and let everyone know.

Hi AK Team— Checking in.

Has there been any progress on trying to repair this semi-broken forum? I do not believe any new members have been allowed to join since last year and a number of the features are still not working.

Widget

Still not allowing anyone to register as a new member.

Thread Information