Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio Heritage / Lansing Heritage now under the Audiokarma umbrella

Ak "just" complete a software update to XenForo to repair the broken search engine and other issues that occured during the last update.
    I believe that update is still being tested, and finalized before they are ready to embark on sorting out the Lansing site,
    which I believe was moved to a new server farm in anticipation of migrating from the somewhat broken vBulletin to XenForo.
    I have no idea when that massive update is scheduled to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    Still not allowing anyone to register as a new member.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

All change comes with good and bad. This site has always been a labor of love by the folks that run and manage it, so I always feared that as we all got older the steam would run out and it would go the way of so many others. I think the main thing we will get, in addition to technical aspects, is continuity.

I hope that this does not become a situation where it needs to make certain revenue goals or it's off to the chopping block in a few years. I'm a subscriber at AK and would also gladly to the same here to keep this going.

I will miss the look and feel when we migrate to newer software, but mostly for the nostalgia. I think that's only changed slightly since I joined almost 20 years ago (making me still a relative newbie). That basic look and feel always reminds me of the nature of the site and it's purpose. That's certain to go, and I'll miss it, but that's just nostalgia at work. Hoping the look and feel of how the site runs never changes; there are few left with that particular vibe.

Something like this was inevitable, and if we had to go under someone's umbrella, AK is probably the best case scenario. I expect it will result at some point of a surge in membership that might get interesting before it settles down, but all in all I expect the positives will outweigh the negatives.
    "Zobel is as zobel does"

There is that issue with the Heritage "founding folks" who are getting older and may have other concerns on a daily basis.
    I know I got a LOT of value from the people on this site since I joined not quite 20 years ago, and want to give something back
    and help it continue on even after those who built the site are not able to be as involved as they have been..
    What is important to me is the folks who built and managed this website, and maintaining the accumulated knowledge here.
    I'm sure paid membership will be helpful to cover the costs of maintaining this site going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Paul View Post
    All change comes with good and bad. This site has always been a labor of love by the folks that run and manage it, so I always feared that as we all got older the steam would run out and it would go the way of so many others. I think the main thing we will get, in addition to technical aspects, is continuity.

I hope that this does not become a situation where it needs to make certain revenue goals or it's off to the chopping block in a few years. I'm a subscriber at AK and would also gladly to the same here to keep this going.

I will miss the look and feel when we migrate to newer software, but mostly for the nostalgia. I think that's only changed slightly since I joined almost 20 years ago (making me still a relative newbie). That basic look and feel always reminds me of the nature of the site and it's purpose. That's certain to go, and I'll miss it, but that's just nostalgia at work. Hoping the look and feel of how the site runs never changes; there are few left with that particular vibe.

Something like this was inevitable, and if we had to go under someone's umbrella, AK is probably the best case scenario. I expect it will result at some point of a surge in membership that might get interesting before it settles down, but all in all I expect the positives will outweigh the negatives.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    There is that issue with the Heritage "founding folks" who are getting older and may have other concerns on a daily basis.
    I know I got a LOT of value from the people on this site since I joined not quite 20 years ago, and want to give something back
    and help it continue on even after those who built the site are not able to be as involved as they have been..
    What is important to me is the folks who built and managed this website, and maintaining the accumulated knowledge here.
    I'm sure paid membership will be helpful to cover the costs of maintaining this site going forward.
    Very well stated, especially about the founders and admins, many of who wither had direct connections to JBL or were a part of the speakers and other equipment we love so much. It's a BIG part of what makes this site so special.
    "Zobel is as zobel does"

Thread Information