Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JBL D2430K Available

That is really cool.

Thankyou for posting your progress. The detail of the procedure was really interesting.

Thumbs down

Thanks Ian.
    I forgot to mention is the default results in Dirac use are based on the Harman curve, which are quite good. As stated above the results can be modified by using the shelving and/or equalization within Dirac to taste. I am using version 3.65.

The M2 project so far has been one of the most rewarding and at times the most frustrating. It caused me to do tons of research in this forum and all around the internet. I knew that I would not be able to create a true M2 clone as I did not have the ports or the ability to do a curved panel at that time. So I compromised on a design that would match the dimensions as close as possible. Then starts the frustrating part. I knew I did not want to spend the money for the Crown amps that are used in the M2 implementation. I finally decided on a Minidsp 2x4 hooked everything up and loaded the equalization and crossover settings. One thing the Minidsp does not have is 36db Linkwitz-Riley crossover selection but has a 36db Butterworth. So I had to learn about biquads and created the Linkwitz-Riley. Hooked up everything and it sounded like crap. So I put my ear up to the high frequency driver and found there wasn't enough volume. Turned out that the Threshold takes more input voltage to reach maximum volume. Increased the high frequency gain in minidsp and I actually had music. I then decided to replace my aging amplifiers and bought the Parasounds and upgraded to the minidsp flex with Dirac.

As others have pointed out before a two way system is harder to implement correctly than a three way. I am well satisfied with the results, but understand that with more tweaks and room treatment it can be made even better.

I know I don't say it enough but I appreciate the guidance and comments on this outstanding forum.

Regards
    Al

Thread Information