Hello everyone,

So it's occurred to me that I've lost five amplifiers on my rig; Carver TFM-55x (Same amp twice), two Crown K1's and one K2. Each time one went down, it's always been the right channel, but never a complete failure. Failures seem to happen within a few months, three tops. I am trying to figure out why, perhaps you folks have ideas? The only thing I can think of that could be causing it is an incompatibility with my Adcom ACE-515. That thing works as a power conditioner and a sequencer. You plug everything into it, flip their power switches on and from there all you do is flip the switch of the ACE to on or off. This turns everything on in sequence- preamp section first and then amplifier, reverse that when switching off. I did not find anything on the internet which stated modern amplifiers would have issues with the thing, but the only amps which haven't died while connected to it are my Adcom GFA-555II's. I've currently got a Crown PS-200 hooked to it and it's working fine so far, but it hasn't been in place for even a month yet. Also, for what it's worth, I've got the ACE plugged into a Furman power strip, forget which model but it also has filtered outlets and those are the ones I've plugged the ACE into.

These amps be getting expensive. Need to find a cheaper hobby.