Hi Ian,

There's nobody near me, least not that I'm acquainted with. Speaker wiring issue.. Should I not be using banana connectors? I always told myself I'd go to spade connectors when I got my system locked in, as in no more changes. Although now that you mention it, when I was using the Ashly electronic crossovers I tended to have the high frequency right side amp boosted just a bit more to even out the stereo image. Either my right ear doesn't hear so good or there was an issue with balance. But nobody else has complained about the stereo image and it's worth noting that with the BX63A in place over the Ashly I haven't had to move the balance at all. However, probably also worth noting that even with the Ashly I saw the clip lights illuminate evenly, like the right side wasn't the only side popping on, it was left or right just as if the balance was perfected. Adcom GFA-555II's were in place longer overall than any amplifier in the system, yet they haven't failed me. Seems to me just about every time I get comfortable with a different amp, it makes pudding in it's trousers and the Adcoms have to come back out of hibernation.

I have no idea about the power quality, I'm told my area is pretty good. I only bought a conditioner because I believed the mumbo-jumbo advertising on the box. Without it, I haven't noticed any detriment in sound quality but have noticed I can jam louder before clipping. Lesson learned. However, I notice sometimes the light in the room will wince when the furnace or A/C kicks on. I feel that's normal, but perhaps hurts the amplifiers? My fridge is probably from the late 90's or early 2000's. My whole house (shit stack) has been described as, "An old people's house minus the old people smell."

In the immediate area, there's no industry. But if you venture out a few miles there are some independent shops doing who knows what. I'd say all the houses near me have A/C just as I do. I probably run mine more than most, I'm an air-conditioned gypsy.