Quote Originally Posted by gasfan View Post
What would/could the consequence be? The driver on the 22" side 10" up from the bottom, the ports up top.
I see no problem with raising the 2269 off the floor but I would go higher than 10”.

I don’t see a successful cabinet with a depth of less than 18” (drop the height to 46).

You’ll have to account for the size of the ports on the baffle as I believe that you’ll need 3 ports. With 2 ports (4”) the tube length will be too short to be usable.

You’ll have to use ports with both ends flared as the 2269 moves a lot of air.

With flared ports the cutout is much larger than the tube diameter. My cabinets used 4” Precision Ports the cutout for this size of port is 6.25”. This allows the inner flare to go through the front of the baffle – very convenient.

As you can see on the baffle only two ports fit in one horizontal line, but there is no issue mounting 2 below and one above.

I also think using ports less than 4” will generate port turbulence noise, the SUB18 is approx. 5”.

Pay attention to all the suggested reading from RMC and Robh3606. I like the 1983 article as it has very efficient bracing suggestions – no need to go crazy with CNC cool looking bracing unless you want to.

Just my thoughts on the matter YMMV…

Also, I’m LMAO with you thinking a 2269 sub-woofer can be unobtrusive!