Hi,
I recently acquired a pair of JBL 250ti Classic models...the shiny black "towers". I have replaced the shred of foam in the tweeter, which gave some worthwhile results but now I want to check out the crossover.
The problem that I have is that the circuit does not seem to correspond exactly to the diagram that I have for this model. On top of this, it appears that a previous owner made modifications. There are now just 4 electrolytics in the circuit instead of the original 6. There is supposed to be a 40uF electrolytic in the circuit, but so far I have not found it...not have I found a suitable sized Mylar equivalent on the board. Not all of the new caps have their values in a readable form as they have been soldered with poor positioning.
I could just go ahead and replace the 4 electrolytics, but before I do that I would ask for any advice anyone can give me on the correct circuit diagram for this crossover...and indeed any advice that they could give me.
I have attached a photo of the first board that I have removed. i am saving the second for when I know more about the actual circuit.
Thanks for any help provided
George

Name:  P1040609.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  95.8 KB