Thread: 250Ti, network diagram and upgrade

250Ti, network diagram and upgrade

Hi,
    I recently acquired a pair of JBL 250ti Classic models...the shiny black "towers". I have replaced the shred of foam in the tweeter, which gave some worthwhile results but now I want to check out the crossover.
    The problem that I have is that the circuit does not seem to correspond exactly to the diagram that I have for this model. On top of this, it appears that a previous owner made modifications. There are now just 4 electrolytics in the circuit instead of the original 6. There is supposed to be a 40uF electrolytic in the circuit, but so far I have not found it...not have I found a suitable sized Mylar equivalent on the board. Not all of the new caps have their values in a readable form as they have been soldered with poor positioning.
    I could just go ahead and replace the 4 electrolytics, but before I do that I would ask for any advice anyone can give me on the correct circuit diagram for this crossover...and indeed any advice that they could give me.
    I have attached a photo of the first board that I have removed. i am saving the second for when I know more about the actual circuit.
    Thanks for any help provided
    George

Name:  P1040609.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  95.8 KB

FWIW a search for the part number returns this: https://diagramas.diagramasde.com/au...20CLASSICS.pdf

Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    FWIW a search for the part number returns this: https://diagramas.diagramasde.com/au...20CLASSICS.pdf
    Thanks for the suggestion, but when I clicked on this my anti-malware software (Malwarebytes) got very excited and suggested that I avoid that website. Do you have any problems with this site?

george

Quote Originally Posted by georgebrooke View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, but when I clicked on this my anti-malware software (Malwarebytes) got very excited and suggested that I avoid that website. Do you have any problems with this site?
    FWIW, I had no problem with the link or site and the information on the 250ti Classic was quite detailed.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

No problem with the link.

Let us know if the diagram does not match your speakers. I have another variant.
    43XX (2235-2123-2450-2405-CC 3155)5235-4412-4406-4401-L250-18Ti-L40-S109 Aquarius lV-C38 (030) 305P MkII

Here, did the download for you.

250TIBQ CLASSICS.pdf

EarlK

I'm surprised if that PDF isn't also lodged around the here somewhere. If its not it should be, I see Greg Timber's signature on it.

Thread Information