A fine gentleman over on AK had been storing what is basically the components of the 001 load. The 130As were in need of re-cone, the crossovers looked awful, and the LE175/1217-1290s looked like they could be salvageable. He ohm'd them at normal range so I made an offer just for those. Then he threw in the crossovers and paid for shipping himself! A fine gesture. Later he told me he did not have indoor storage for these so they'd been wrapped in plastic and stored "outside", whatever that meant. I've had two 030 systems, one of which was my Dad's and is now over 65-years old. Years (decades) ago I bought two slightly mis-matched (one plywood the other particle board) empty C35s and they've been stored since arriving. Over 50-years ago I acquired one LE175DLH and an N1200 hoping to add it to the 030 with some N7000s but then got crazy and now own over a dozen other JBLs. I also acquired two Crown crossovers VTX---2s from a member here who is no longer with us. I have over a dozen Crown amps including several D45 and D75As and had always toyed with the idea of a tri-amped 3-way 030-based FrankenJBL with this stuff. And now I have two LE175 to play with.

One of these had a sticker and what appeared to be a repair tag on it and the wax seals were gone. So that's where I've started. I don't understand what's the big deal on untouched red-wax seals and when I opened this one and saw a badly deteriorated foam damper just like more modern JBL tweeters, I'm now wondering why that's not a critical update to these old components just like any titanium driver with the foam piece? Of course that violates the iconic red-wax seal!

That being said, I'm wondering if the repair was a new diaphragm and if anyone can tell me if this looks like an original JBL part?

Here's what the foam looked like:

And here's my replacement I hand-cut from air-filter-stock I bought for my few amps that have filters on them (Crown Studio Reference-II and some Carver pro amp):