Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EDGEWOUND/ KEN- An appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound View Post
    This case is on hold
    eBay Customer Service has placed the case on hold until Sep 26, 2022
    Hi Kenneth,
    Your case was placed on hold temporarily. We will get back to you with an update by Sep 26, 2022.
    We have asked for more information from your customer to confirm the condition of the item received. If any additional information is needed from you we will request it through an email.
    Your previous message
    Thanks, Greg,

Kits I've shipped to Indonesia have experienced damage to the dust domes due to careless customs inspectors taking the parts out of the box and carelessly putting them back in, without replacing the PVC center support properly, causing damage to the box.

You can tell your reconer he might carefully mist the rear of the cone with a spray bottle of water to moisten/soften the Aquaplas then place it face down as I described previously. I've had success doing this with this cone. Gotta be a flat surface.

Keep me posted please.

Ken

In my experience when a postal company opens a box they put a sticker on it saying as much or use a colored tape when repacking. It's a bit hard to prove or ascertain if the box has been opened. With the foam surround its just an incredibly tight fit and a little obvious how the damage occurred.

I'll speak to my reconer about weighting the cone down and see what he says. Otherwise like you said, a claim may be in order.

Your previous message
    Greg,
    I’ve shipped a dozen kits globally exactly like that with no previous damage. It looks like the box was searched and the kits put back carelessly. The center support is skewed outside the holder that is placed in the lid that would distort the shape of the cone. Try setting the cones face down with something like a hardcover book setting on top of the cardboard support tube to see if it straightens out. Otherwise, a damage claim is in order. The cone body is less than 16” edge to edge.
    Ken

Yes all four. Will they fit in one box?
    Your previous message
    All four kits, correct?
    Can you please box these for international freight. I am going to use a freight forwarder in Oregon.

Appeal summary

Why you appealed
    Other
    What happened
    I shipped the exact item ordered, insured for full value to a US address at the request of the buyer. The buyer then arranged to have the package forwarded to an address outside the US, I believe, to Australia. When the item is delivered successfully to the address in the transaction, my responsibility ends and the buyer is responsible for safe forwarding to the ultimate destination. This buyer is also on a smear campaign on internet forums in an attempt to ruin my reputation. Why, I don't know. I offered to replace the item as long as he pays for insured shipping to his destination. I think that is a fair offer, but he's apparently refused my offer to replace the damaged goods in exchange for him to cover the cost of insured shipping.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Quote Originally Posted by kelossus View Post
    What have I said that isn't true? You are the one making up fake correspondence. I will provide screenshots of every single message to prove this.

I paid the premium for your recones because I want my JBLs as close as possible to original. Even if I don't agree with how you run your business evident by every facebook comment on your page, I still think you offer the closest to original kits and I'll pay for that. Do you think I would purposely damage the cones just to rubbish you? Look at how you packed them? There is not one person on the forum who would agree its acceptable.

A 460mm assembly in a 410mm box.
    The 2245H loudspeaker is 460mm...18 inches...frame outside diameter. The cone body is less than 16 inches in diameter. You clearly are not being honest.

You should leave the forum for your dishonesty...or willfull ignorance.

Good luck, mate.

The 2245H loudspeaker is 460mm...18 inches...frame outside diameter. The cone body is less than 16 inches in diameter. You clearly are not being honest.

You should leave the forum for your dishonesty...or willfull ignorance.

Good luck, mate.
    Post the screenshot of you offering me the refund and me refusing. Not some typed garbage. Post the screenshot. That never happened.

I just asked the reconer for the exact measurements and was sent this, I am going off what he has told and the pictures he has provided which show everything you need to know. The box is smaller than the whole assembly, easily visible in the pictures I posted.

Ken, are you happy with the packaging job I posted below? You are comfortable shipping the kit as pictured.

Name:  307414271_808199293552935_23190703509440473_n.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  124.4 KB
    Name:  307321424_3420157848206070_4558425346417685459_n.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  110.6 KB

Name:  307448768_614075523757492_5849806147757893188_n.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  72.8 KBName:  307649999_1769427863418780_5829822832009751740_n.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  56.8 KB

Here is a 15" recone kit in the box. Perfect fit.

Also I told you right off the bat these were being shipped on Internationally. You were aware right from the get go hence why you double boxed them.

Name:  307290404_493572445671287_4379371844112704186_n.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  145.2 KB

Thanks Ken.

You did mention a damage claim but I was under the impression you were going to do that? Where did you request that I raise a claim with the carrier?

More importantly, the screenshots of you offering to replace the cones if I pay for shipping and my subsequent decline? I'm dying to see those.

Ken, do you think these were packaged acceptably? Are you happy with how you packaged these?
    My responsibility for safe passage ended with my insured shipment to Oregon, as you requested. Beyond that, you're on your own.

As I stated more than once, I have shipped the same combination of recone kits in the identical double boxing to international destinations without cone damage.

My responsibility for safe passage ended with my insured shipment to Oregon, as you requested. Beyond that, you're on your own.

As I stated more than once, I have shipped the same combination of recone kits in the identical double boxing to international destinations without cone damage.
    Post the screenshot of you offering the refund and my refusal. You said it happened, so show us? You posted other screenshots.

So you are happy posting a recone kit in a box that is smaller than the whole assembly by a decent amount?

I expect your next reply will not answer any of the above questions/requests. Just another red herring queued up.

What is going on here?? This is a public forum for people to share their experiences. It is not a format to air personal issues. We have a PM system that's private and of course your own emails. Please use those in the future.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

…. I'll leave the forum never to return.
    Don’t do that.

Barry
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Not taking sides here.

Just looking at these posts puts anyone off privately sourcing cone kits for vintage JBL driver. I’ve had similar experiences with other aftermarket kits.

In my own experience EBay claims are a nightmare.

While it might be a convenient way to clear stock the requirements for bombproof packaging are critical to avoid time consuming claims due to shipping transit damage.

A custom packaging company can design and fabricate packaging to meet requirements for secure shipping of such items and customs inspections. In this case no one wins. The cost to the seller in time for an un resolved dispute is higher than the profit margin. An unhappy customer costs money. Just add the custom packaging cost to the product cost.

Perhaps another consideration is to supply these kits only to the trade. That controls the repair process and eliminates end user contact. Here Queensland Speaker Repairs have been in business for decades. The current owner keeps are large inventory of cone components. In my limited experience with them they do a good job.

If l was going to consider a new re cone l would have the kit ordered by the loudspeaker repair business. That way your not directly involved and it’s the job of the loudspeaker repair business to make it right.

Why make it hard for yourself when there is a better way? This applies to the seller and the customer.

In a former career l was a QA manager among many other hats for a manufacturing business. If you don’t keep these issues under control its a road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    What is going on here?? This is a public forum for people to share their experiences. It is not a format to air personal issues. We have a PM system that's private and of course your own emails. Please use those in the future.

Rob
    Completely understand but Ken ceased communication through those private channels. I knew a public post here would get a response.

At the end of the day I will likely lose this Paypal dispute as I did forward the parcel on from Oregon. However, it's clear that the damage in the photos was caused by the cone assembly making contact with the outer box. It could have been shipped to Ken's neighbour and it would have arrived damaged, it was not packed well.

I'll be out of pocket $1100 AUD and my 4345 project is now stopped dead in its tracks. I have cabinets, crossovers and drivers ready to go but sadly, no woofers.

Completely understand but Ken ceased communication through those private channels. I knew a public post here would get a response.

At the end of the day I will likely lose this Paypal dispute as I did forward the parcel on from Oregon. However, it's clear that the damage in the photos was caused by the cone assembly making contact with the outer box. It could have been shipped to Ken's neighbour and it would have arrived damaged, it was not packed well.

I'll be out of pocket $1100 AUD and my 4345 project is now stopped dead in its tracks. I have cabinets, crossovers and drivers ready to go but sadly, no woofers.
    I have not ceased to communicate through eBay. You are being totally dishonest. Even the photos you posted show that the cone body of the 2245H kit is 15 1/8". One of the photos that you have measured shows no warpage of the cone at all.

Like I have said previously, I have shipped these kits to Indonesia in the same exact packaging with no damage to the cone assembly...AND the package is ALWAYS fully insured to the shipping address that is provided to me. Since you were trying to save a few bucks on shipping to an address in Oregon, you get take full responsibility for the safety of your purchase while being forwarded to Australia.

As far as being out of pocket $1,100.00? That is a lie. You have four kits, (2) 2245H and (2) 2236H... then you filed a chargeback with your financial institution. I'm out the purchase price, plus all the parts, and no way to make a damage claim because the package has left the United States uninsured. My eBay listing is public with prices posted. The other half of your order for your dad...packed in the same box arrived just fine. One kit out of four was damaged because someone opened the double boxing to examine the contents and carelessly put them back in incorrectly by misplacing the 1" Schedule 40 PVC support tube that is held in place at both ends to prevent the box from being crushed.

I have no choice but to respond to these dishonest comments...that have no business being aired here.

On-line defamation is a serious matter.

https://mullenlawfirm.com/internet-d...-consequences/affect not only public figures and businesses but also ordinary individuals as well. When a lawsuit is filed, the victim may try to recover compensation from the perpetrator.

Although defamation itself is not a crime in New York and New Jersey, one can face criminal charges of cyberbullying or other violations stemming from the defamation, depending on the severity of the harm caused. Some of the consequences that result from this include fines and

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post

Rob
    +1

Guys, this is obviously an unfortunate situation for both of you.

Since the purchase was though eBay, please use their system for dispute resolution. eBay is a bit cumbersome and slow, but they have a system in place for resolving these types of problems. Going back and forth here is not going to solve this problem.

Widget

Where’s Judge Judy?

It reminds me of the dust up between Lancer and Miss Orchid.

I have not ceased to communicate through eBay. You are being totally dishonest. Even the photos you posted show that the cone body of the 2245H kit is 15 1/8". One of the photos that you have measured shows no warpage of the cone at all.

Like I have said previously, I have shipped these kits to Indonesia in the same exact packaging with no damage to the cone assembly...AND the package is ALWAYS fully insured to the shipping address that is provided to me. Since you were trying to save a few bucks on shipping to an address in Oregon, you get take full responsibility for the safety of your purchase while being forwarded to Australia.

As far as being out of pocket $1,100.00? That is a lie. You have four kits, (2) 2245H and (2) 2236H... then you filed a chargeback with your financial institution. I'm out the purchase price, plus all the parts, and no way to make a damage claim because the package has left the United States uninsured. My eBay listing is public with prices posted. The other half of your order for your dad...packed in the same box arrived just fine. One kit out of four was damaged because someone opened the double boxing to examine the contents and carelessly put them back in incorrectly by misplacing the 1" Schedule 40 PVC support tube that is held in place at both ends to prevent the box from being crushed.

I have no choice but to respond to these dishonest comments...that have no business being aired here.

On-line defamation is a serious matter.

https://mullenlawfirm.com/internet-d...-consequences/affect not only public figures and businesses but also ordinary individuals as well. When a lawsuit is filed, the victim may try to recover compensation from the perpetrator.

Although defamation itself is not a crime in New York and New Jersey, one can face criminal charges of cyberbullying or other violations stemming from the defamation, depending on the severity of the harm caused. Some of the consequences that result from this include fines and
    Ok, I will leave the forum after this post. I'm done.

Nothing I have said is dishonest. I am still waiting for you to post those screenshots? You are the liar. Post the screenshots and redeem yourself, but you can't because it didn't happen. I sent you a final message letting you know the cones couldn't be straightened and you never replied. I waited a few days, no reply yet you cancelled my refund request within minutes. I can prove all this, I am not lying. At the end of the day I didnt want this to happen, I genuinely wanted the recone kits for a project.

Anyone can call Brisbane Speaker Repair and get confirmation about the cones arriving damaged. I shipped them directly to him. I haven't even seen them, he is an hours drive from me. Ian being in the same state can make a quick phone call to confirm everything.

Yes I am out of pocket $1100 AUD. Why do you continuously call me a liar with no proof? The recone kits were $600 USD, then I had to ship an 18" x 18" x 18" box to Australia. Do the math.

There is not one person on this forum who would agree those recones are shipped suitably. Do you think an insurer who is looking into this claim would pay out based on those photos? I can't believe no one on this forum will comment on the packaging. Customs in Australia notify you when the box is opened, the freight forwarder I use does not open the box either.

Again, this is my final post and I want to double down on something. I can't believe no one on this forum will comment on the packaging.

Thread Information