Quote Originally Posted by edgewound View Post
This case is on hold
eBay Customer Service has placed the case on hold until Sep 26, 2022
Hi Kenneth,
Your case was placed on hold temporarily. We will get back to you with an update by Sep 26, 2022.
We have asked for more information from your customer to confirm the condition of the item received. If any additional information is needed from you we will request it through an email.
Your previous message
Thanks, Greg,

Kits I've shipped to Indonesia have experienced damage to the dust domes due to careless customs inspectors taking the parts out of the box and carelessly putting them back in, without replacing the PVC center support properly, causing damage to the box.

You can tell your reconer he might carefully mist the rear of the cone with a spray bottle of water to moisten/soften the Aquaplas then place it face down as I described previously. I've had success doing this with this cone. Gotta be a flat surface.

Keep me posted please.

Ken

In my experience when a postal company opens a box they put a sticker on it saying as much or use a colored tape when repacking. It's a bit hard to prove or ascertain if the box has been opened. With the foam surround its just an incredibly tight fit and a little obvious how the damage occurred.

I'll speak to my reconer about weighting the cone down and see what he says. Otherwise like you said, a claim may be in order.

Your previous message
Greg,
I’ve shipped a dozen kits globally exactly like that with no previous damage. It looks like the box was searched and the kits put back carelessly. The center support is skewed outside the holder that is placed in the lid that would distort the shape of the cone. Try setting the cones face down with something like a hardcover book setting on top of the cardboard support tube to see if it straightens out. Otherwise, a damage claim is in order. The cone body is less than 16” edge to edge.
Ken

Yes all four. Will they fit in one box?
Your previous message
All four kits, correct?
Can you please box these for international freight. I am going to use a freight forwarder in Oregon.

Appeal summary

Why you appealed
Other
What happened
I shipped the exact item ordered, insured for full value to a US address at the request of the buyer. The buyer then arranged to have the package forwarded to an address outside the US, I believe, to Australia. When the item is delivered successfully to the address in the transaction, my responsibility ends and the buyer is responsible for safe forwarding to the ultimate destination. This buyer is also on a smear campaign on internet forums in an attempt to ruin my reputation. Why, I don't know. I offered to replace the item as long as he pays for insured shipping to his destination. I think that is a fair offer, but he's apparently refused my offer to replace the damaged goods in exchange for him to cover the cost of insured shipping.