Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EDGEWOUND/ KEN- An appreciation

In respect to your last statement both Barry and l did mention the packaging (in post 25).

Preventive action is the only effective way of minimising this type of issue. That’s easy to say in hindsight.

As you know l have had contact from both of you.

What happened didn’t work out the way it was supposed to. That’s all there is to it.

Unfortunately when such “matters escalate” in disagreement the focus behind resolving the issue quickly gets lost in heated exchanges that end up aiming at the people and not at solving the problem.

I suggest you both step back for a few days. Then agree to discuss in a two way conversation on messenger and sort out how to fix the problem. The arguments are done. You both need to have a conversation and move forward.

Myself l use a FedEx account. I’ve never had anything damaged ever. It might cost a bit more but will arrive faster and more reliably.

FedEx do their own customs. This time package it a lot more carefully. One of our members is a former FedEx employee and he may be able to offer assistance on how best to do this. You can buy shipping boxes from post offices, storage companies and couriers. Secure the diaphragm and perhaps fill the enclosure with polystyrene pellets to stop movement as a suggestion. Perhaps the surrounds can be glued on by the re corner. Label it fragile. Something like that. Send it direct to the loudspeaker repair company. Then it leaves inspected and it arrives inspected without changing hands.

As a first step if you both are in agreement further clarity is needed l could inspect the kit if it’s still with the loudspeaker repair company next week. Perhaps only new surrounds are required. Please refrain from further public posts that are inflammatory on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by kelossus View Post
    Again, this is my final post and I want to double down on something. I can't believe no one on this forum will comment on the packaging.
    It's not my tempest and no one here has information beyond what you're showing us in a poorly-framed photo. What you want is consensual validation without enough evidence to jump to that conclusion. No one else should add fuel to this fire. We don't know the whole story.

I hate shipping of nearly anything.

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Everything else aside, I wouldn't want, nor have I had recones shipped in boxes smaller than the diameter of the cone. If a lesson was learned it was learned before this issue came here.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    It's not my tempest and no one here has information beyond what you're showing us in a poorly-framed photo. What you want is consensual validation without enough evidence to jump to that conclusion. No one else should add fuel to this fire. We don't know the whole story.

I hate shipping of nearly anything.

1. I purchased the recone kits from Ebay. The account is my Dad's and I have used it since I was a kid, I never had my own ebay account hence why the order was placed from my Dad.
    2. I messaged Ken before ordering and asked him to pack securely for international freight. He knew they were being posted internationally which is confirmed by the screenshots Ken posted.
    3. Ken took nearly 4 weeks to post the items when 14 days was promised. This is not a big deal really, I dont mind waiting.
    4. Items arrived at Oregon. The package was not opened in Oregon. The forwarder does offer that service but it's an extra cost and not necessary.
    5. Items arrived at my reconers business address. Customs notify you and label the box when opened. The box was not opened by customs.
    6. The cones were warped and it's pretty obvious the ridiculous packing job caused this. If the assembly wasn't in contact with the outer box, this wouldn't of happened. It was jammed into a box 1 1/2" too small. Check my dimensions mentioned below.
    7. I messaged Ken and he claimed the box must have been opened to cause such damage and mentioned a damage claim. I was under the impression he was going to file a damage claim, he never asked me to file one. He asked if I could try weighting down the cones for some time which was done to no avail.
    8. I messaged Ken letting him know the recones were still warped. I waited a few days and never heard back so I opened a claim. The claim was denied within minutes.
    9. I messaged Ken asking why? He said he already told me why? That was the last message sent.
    10. If Ken calls me a liar or tries to add additional details to the story I will post every single message sent on the forum. I'll even give Ian access to the Ebay account and he can read the messages. I am not lying or making any detail up.

Ken claiming that I rejected his return offer if I pay shipping is not true, I was never offered anything. Again, post the screenshot of this Ken. A lot of what Ken is claiming is made up and I can provide every screenshot to prove this. Ken can not provide any screenshots because what he is claiming is false. I have no idea why he lied about all this and I am sick of being called a liar and dishonest.

On a Facebook group someone overseas received a 2245 kit from Ken. He said the shipping box was bigger.

This is the full story. I wish Ian knew me personally as I'm not a bullshitter, I am a JBL nut like everyone else here.

Done. Full story. I'm out.

I still do not understand why you think you should leave Lansing Heritage. ? I hope you don’t.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

I am sure there is some confusion in all of this. Emails are not necessarily the best way of resolving a dispute.

The offer to independently inspect the packaging and the product has been accepted by both parties.
    I will arrange this next week if possible.

The next steps will be worked out once this is done.

The only reason l am posting this publicly is that the matter has been made public without a peaceful resolution.

Ian

A damn shame

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound View Post
    Well, well...
    A few details were left out of this continuing saga of libelous posts in the court of public opinion.

I would request the moderators delete this thread since it has nothing to do with Lansing Heritage and this specific thread. It's purely malicious in intent, and probably opens the poster...kelossus...to a case of internet defamation and libel. This person has repeatedly attempted to damage my reputation on multiple fora, but has still chosen to buy my product...with what intent?

Well, Ken. Just a damn shame that a comment posted with the positive intentions was shanghai'd to air grievances, then became a circus.
    No idea how moderators might handle a situation like this, but your request certainly seems appropriate.
    For what it's worth, I'd hope they elect to leave the early thread/replies in place and snip from point it was shanghai'd, but perhaps entire thread needs to go.
    In any case, it's regrettable, so I hope the outcome's satisfactory for you.
    Cheers!

Thread Information