Colleagues,

Due to my Wife's illness, I was unable to spend much time at the show, but I was favorably impressed with the quality of the various presentations. Almost all were first rate demo's of their gear.
A special mention should be made at the Genesis room; they served coffee (Starbucks) and donuts. Maybe next time we will be served Lox and Bagels.

A few observations;
It wasn't crowded, as it was in fact Friday.
Almost all attendees were male and over 50.
All the music being played was jazz. I was asked at the Kef exhibit what I wanted to hear and I responded March Slav. He didn't have that but put on Granada with a terrific trumpet solo. a couple of listeners got up to leave.
I was impressed by the Kef Blade speakers, more than any other that I heard.
No Harman exhibit. What's up with that?

I did have a nice chat with Bill Hanuschack of Great Plains Audio. He was showing his Altec line, and I have to say the quality was first rate. He was also showing their new 515-SW. a new sub woofer based on the 515. All GP drivers
shown used Alnico structures.

It would have been nice to hear a system that didn't cost the same as 2 weeks on the French Riviera, maybe someone there did but I had to leave early.

So is home Hi-Fi dead?
I posed that question to Bill Hanuschack and He thought that it was too early to tell.