Thread: Need a JBL L300 Summit Grill Frame assembly - Any resources for used or aftermarket?

Need a JBL L300 Summit Grill Frame assembly - Any resources for used or aftermarket?

Hi Folks
    I recently picked up a pair of L300 but the original owner's cat sprayed one of the grills and destroyed the particle board.
    Anyone know someone who makes the L300 grills?

An alternative is that I really only need the back piece - the part of the grill that is closest to the speaker cab. I can take a stab at disassembling the grill and putting on that piece. But that looks to be a CNC machined piece. So maybe if someone has the CNC equipment and can cut out that piece, I'd pay for that. Ebay has some grill plans I can buy.

Any help much appreciated.

You could ask here
    43XX (2235-2123-2450-2405-CC 3155)5235-4412-4406-4401-L250-18Ti-L40-S109 Aquarius lV-C38 (030) 305P MkII

L-300 frame

On Ebay, Member "Zonkers" has built L-300 cabinets that rival anything the factory did. He sells plans for the cabinets, the grill frames and crossover boards..... very nice!

Hi There Jeff,

Sorry to hear about your damaged L300 grill assemblies. Even without the feline issue they still have not held up well due to age and use of deteriorating particle board.
    Glad to see you here. I am working on mass producing some of the parts you need to repair you L300 grill frames. Amnd you would have the option of completing the assembly on your end. As we discussed fabricating reproduction pairs as "one offs" is a lot of work and may be cost prohibitive. My end goal is to figure out a way to speed up the build process(not sacrificing quality) so i can offer at a reasonable price the more involved to build grills to the vintage JBL community.
    mk

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclotronguy View Post
    On Ebay, Member "Zonkers" has built L-300 cabinets that rival anything the factory did. He sells plans for the cabinets, the grill frames and crossover boards..... very nice!
    i just searched ebay for username "zonkers" and got: One or more of the seller User IDs you entered was not found.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    i just searched ebay for that username and got: One or more of the seller User IDs you entered was not found.
    Looks like the username is zonker92

Zonker92 is a frequent poster on AK, He lives in Fresno

Thread Information