Quote Originally Posted by RMC View Post
RE in this size cabinet.

RE The single 15", ported in this cabinet seems reasonable, if not ideal.

My understanding is the OP is still talking about his 1.9 cu. ft. box net.

I don't see how he would make a valid 2235H cab in such small volume tuned to 28hz. The typical 2235 box used is 5 cu.ft. tuned to 30hz...

Something seems to be missing
I measured the box again, and came up with 5.30 cubic feet, not counting anything inside like bracing. That wouldn't be all that much, 2x2 cleats inside and probably a couple of 2x4s across the width.

Like I said, it seems to me that splitting the volume into 2 ported cabinets would just be way too small for each driver, that was my original idea, and the source of the approx 2 cu ft numbers. I now admit that plan is pretty much DOA.

But the calculations that I did for 1 driver in about 5.5 cu feet seem to be promising, even if not ideal. How about this idea? If I change driver from a 140 to a 2235 at sometime in the future, is that plan feasible with my idea of being able to easily modify the ports?

I will admit again that-1, I realize this is not ideal. 2- I really don't know how to do this. So working within the limitations of what I want, I'm trying to determine what is even possible.

One of the problems I'm having is that the specific drivers aren't listed in any of the design programs that I'm using, and I've seen multiple, conflicting specs for this speaker, and when I manually enter them into WinISD, it doesn't like them anyway.

I'll post the spec sheet I was using later, and maybe someone can explain to me the reason for what seem to be differing values for the same driver, IDK.