Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
That is quite a system you have there... pretty much, "the more is more" approach!

Yep I remember Paul Klipsch recommending a wiring scheme to create a "mono" signal from a stereo signal... and for several years I had a McIntosh C28 with a mono center out.

I am a big fan of Paul Klipsch and his work. I still have copies of some of the Dope From Hope flyers and I read his biography that was published in 2002. I have owned most of the Klipsch classics at one time or another. Heresy, Cornwall, LaScala, and a pair of Klipschorns. Decades ago before I could afford the real deal, I built Belle Klipsch clones. I really respect these vintage Klipsch systems, but I could never get any of them to fully satisfy me from an audio standpoint.

I still have a pair of the K-400 horns and matching alnico drivers that came out of a pair of La Scalas that were originally at Radio City Music Hall. A friend salvaged them for me. One day I hope to make an "interesting" system with these horns.

Widget
OMG you just reminded me that I built that circuit way back then. As I recall it was simple. I still have the little grey box I mounted it in. I was surprised by the fact it was dead quite. Surprised with myself that is that it worked...lol. I was 19 I think. I actually don't recall what I used it on back then. I had a pair of A7's back then. But I don't remember having a center channel. So why did i make that box now...hmmmm. But I did make that box as it's in my collection of gear still....ah memories. I'm gonna dig it out now that I'm thinking of it.
Yes it was from the Dope From hope papers. I still have the pile of them in a binder form. I'll snap a pic when I find them.