Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glad to be back

The max file size can be found when pressing the blue "?" under the upload window.

Hi Jblguy,

Nice to see you posting on the forums.

Grief is something that touches us all at some stage in our lives and it can take some time to get through it. About 13 years ago my father passed from cancer. It was about 12 months later l realised l had not yet processed my grief and l took 6 weeks off and travelled around the USA. I’ve lost count of how many trips l’ve made to the USA. One of my favourite drives was from Boston right up through Maine and the HWY 61 drive down the Mississippi. A wonderful place to take time out. I now live retired on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia.

Post as often as you want and ask as many questions as want.

Ian

Welcome back!

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    Hi Jblguy,

Nice to see you posting on the forums.

Grief is something that touches us all at some stage in our lives and it can take some time to get through it. About 13 years ago my father passed from cancer. It was about 12 months later l realised l had not yet processed my grief and l took 6 weeks off and travelled around the USA. I’ve lost count of how many trips l’ve made to the USA. One of my favourite drives was from Boston right up through Maine and the HWY 61 drive down the Mississippi. A wonderful place to take time out. I now live retired on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia.

Post as often as you want and ask as many questions as want.

Ian
    Thanks Ian...appreciate those kind words for sure. I also loved touring the USA in my sports cars. The roads are terrific compared to Canada. SO much more to choose from than here. Yes grief seems to have an endless bag of fun in store for us at times in our lives. Trying to move forward but it is hard.
    My Son Ian would have loved to see this work of art Joachim created. He would have appreciated what was made. The cabinet is gorgeous.
    Built with love by him for sure. This man creates work of art....especially if you love JBL's like we all do here. It was always a dream to own one so I felt this was a proper tribute to my Son.

They look beautiful.

I love that mid century dot of style.

I’m putting together a diy OMA Mini as a tribute to the late Bill Woods. Bill Woods was a Canadian who was highly sort after for his expertise in horn loudspeaker designs. I have the last pair of AH 700 conical horns that Bill personally made. One of Bill’s designs was recently reviewed in Stereophile. The brand is Fleetwood Sound.

https://oswaldsmillaudio.com/mini

They look beautiful.

I’m putting together a diy OMA Mini as a tribute to the late Bill Woods. Bill Woods was a Canadian who was highly sort after for his expertise in horn loudspeaker designs. I have the last pair of AH 700 conical horns that Bill personally made. One of Bill’s designs was recently reviewed in Stereophile. The brand is Fleetwood Sound.

Those are very cool.....gonna read on those.
    I'm a sucker for anything horn.

They look beautiful.

Wow...have you ever heard any of those models. Love the big 4 way horn set.

Name:  P1000006 sma.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  89.3 KB

Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by jblwolf View Post
    Welcome back!
    Why thank you. I appreciate that. Lots of great guys here still. and so much knowledge here too. Nice friendly place as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jblguy View Post
    Why thank you. I appreciate that. Lots of great guys here still. and so much knowledge here too. Nice friendly place as well.
    My deep condolences on the loss of your son. No words can express how that must feel.

What a magnificent tribute you had created for his memory.

Extremely well done!
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound View Post
    My deep condolences on the loss of your son. No words can express how that must feel.

What a magnificent tribute you had created for his memory.

Extremely well done!
    Yes thank you very much for those kind words.
    Yes when I look at and use the system I think of him. I have his picture on the Paragon above his brass plaque. I like it all and it sounds so nice too. The plaque will be attached someday in the future. Some future owner will be able to understand it's origin.
    There are a ton of cliché's for losing a Child. EVERYONE of them is true. If you wanted to wish something on your worst enemy that would be it. So heart breaking what is going on currently to so many peoples children around the world. That's some mega pile of pain.

Hello jblguy;

I gladly welcome you back here as well.

It seems you and I are members of terrible club no one ever wants to be a part of. You have my most sincere condolences. There just are not words and I’m sorry.

A very nice tribute to your son indeed.

All the best.
    Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    Hello jblguy;

I gladly welcome you back here as well.

It seems you and I are members of terrible club no one ever wants to be a part of. You have my most sincere condolences. There just are not words and I’m sorry.

A very nice tribute to your son indeed.

All the best.
    Barry.
    Thank you Barry
    I'm so sorry for your loss as well. You know very well how it feels. Hopefully you've found some kind of peace.
    Yes it fun to be back here with all you guys.

Over here is the Queens birthday public holiday weekend. It marks a very difficult event in my life when l had to tell my father he needed to go into hospital. He was living by himself at home in a lot of pain with an aggressive cancer. He didn’t want to go. We couldn’t get any one over the holiday weekend to visit with pain management. He was on the maximum dosage. So l called it and took him in. Well 48 hours later they moved him to respite accommodation. It was a massive shock and hard to accept. About 6 weeks later he passed. Still after all these years it’s there and l do what l can to keep busy. It’s good to share how we feel or are feeling.

Thread Information