Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End game Speaker system, M2 or K2

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Did someone say he doesn't?? I certainly did not?? What are you talking about??

Rob
    Hello Rob,

Your reading too much into my post. It’s on the verge of censorship.

Calm down.

My post and l was an acknowledgment and admiration to Rob S.

Rob does not post often and this post delivers so much valuable information, the facts. Rob is always very helpful.

This is a general information thread. Not an argument.

I am allowed to say what l said. I don’t need to elaborate to satisfy your negativity . Any won is allow you comment freely.

Cool your jet’s alright.

Edit: one of the reasons l have posted prolifically is to give people something else to think about other than what is happening around the country. It’s not about bringing your angst here. Got it.

An Australian citizen was shot dead in her nature strip un armed by a cop who needlessly panicked and the case is being heard by her family. Your. needlessly panicking. Let that sink in.

Hello Ian

I am just fine and calm. Thanks for the clarification. Sorry to hear about the shooting.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Quote Originally Posted by retromick View Post
    hey guys,
    been a while since I have posted, I am preparing my 4435's for sale and looking to by my end game speakers.
    I have an opportunity to purchase the M2 or K2 at a reasonable price.
    I have Bryston amplification and also have a pair of Sub-18 clones with Crown amplification.
    I would like to hear from you guys on your opinions of both.
    I have spent time with the M2,s but not the K2s9900.
    Thoughts?

thanks in advance
    Mick
    I'd say the end game depends on your final destination. Since I have both M2s and K2S9900s, I'm able to put them in different destinations according to 1) the media I expect to use, 2) the size of the space, 3) the ability/inability to treat the environment, and 4) the specific tolerances granted by Annie, who, just for the record, is pretty tolerant but not a pushover.

Thus, the K2s are fine to put on public display in the great/kitchen/dining/entry mega room of about 10,000 cubic feet. She likes the looks that match the general palette of the room, loves the sound, and likes the ease of operation. Actively bi-amped with BSS 366T compact omnidrive speaker management units and ATI 3-channel amps, they work with two S2S subs to effortlessly fill the entire space with exceptional sound. Designer Greg Timbers, who actively bi-amps his own K2s, has heard them and validated the active bi-amp and sub augmentation. This is clearly and truly a two-channel system whose focus is solely on reproducing music as accurately and beautifully as possible in a large volume space.

She appreciates the M2s for their amazing sound fidelity, so much so that she bought us a JVC NX7 to get comparable video quality. But she’s not so much into the looks. In the “movie room,” they form the L-C-R front stage behind an acoustically transparent screen. The tunings are provided by an SDEC 4500P (rebranded BSS unit) which feeds multiple channels of two five-channel Fosgate Audionics (Hafler trans•nova) fanless amps. Augmented by JBL’s S1S-EX 18” subs, they provide the theatrical atmosphere and dynamics that make movies come to life. They can also animate live concert material to a level that gives me that “you are there” experience without the pickpockets, smokers, beer drinkers, and fondlers that make live concerts so special. It’s probably a sixties flashback, but I’d swear I can smell some sweet leaf when I listen to live concerts, and with the M2s I can have the ringing post-concert ears if I’m not careful.

So, what’s your destination? If it’s glorious two-channel music that runs the gamut from Acapella to acoustic to Baroque to classical to country to dance to electronic trance to jazz to rock to soul to trap—or even K-pop, and you want it to fill your house, then the K2 is the one for you.

If it’s the subtle rustle of a step on leaves to a whispered secret to a blaring alarm to a massive explosion that thumps your chest, flaps your pant legs, and makes you wonder if a truck hit your house, all in immersive, full environmental sonic reality, then the M2 is your baby.

You can find a large number of specs, tests, white papers, and opinions about both of these fine loudspeakers. Read up, if you’d like. This comment is my completely subjective response to your question, based on my experience with my equipment in my home using my preferences and my ears.

Best of luck in making your decision. I hope you get to the right destination for you.

n.b., I've had the K2s for more than a decade, and the M2s for six years.

Out.

hey guys,
    been a while since I have posted, I am preparing my 4435's for sale and looking to by my end game speakers.
    I have an opportunity to purchase the M2 or K2 at a reasonable price.
    I have Bryston amplification and also have a pair of Sub-18 clones with Crown amplification.
    I would like to hear from you guys on your opinions of both.
    I have spent time with the M2,s but not the K2s9900.
    Thoughts?

thanks in advance
    Mick
    Hi Mick,

Are your buying new or second hand.

It depends on a few things. Are you on a nirvana journey going all out (thinking cap customer) or a plug it in and it goes customer?
    If your hands on and want to mould your system then the M2 could be your answer. But it needs a lot of user effort to set it up as its a pro product.

The S9900 is an excellent hi end consumer system out of the box and you can drain the nirvana nth degree out of it with active mode operation and subs.
    If you want you could add one of the new DEQX products and leap frog to Mars with DSP correction and full active mode with subs. That would be very cool. And you can arrange local support from the experts at DEQX to set it up right.

On the subjective side you could give the guys at Klapp AV in Melbourne a call and pick their brains. They have/had the S9900 on the floor and would be upfront on what your going to enjoy.
    They are a Synthesis dealer. You could also call Steve Varga at the Audio Experts in Melbourne. Steve is an installer and a jBL Synthesis dealer. Mention my name and he may oblige with a top deal.

Personally, I'm only familiar with the S9900. There is a tendency for the dealers to steer customers towards the consumer systems like the S3900 and above than the M2.
    The M2 brings with it a lot of control. But its more complicated to set up and there's the fan noise if you buy a M2 pro package.

Hence my tip to plan for the S9900 with a DEQX processor at some point in your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    I'd say the end game depends on your final destination. Since I have both M2s and K2S9900s...

Great to hear from you and to get your perspective. How great is it to have these choices?!

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Great to hear from you and to get your perspective. How great is it to have these choices?!

Widget
    hey Mr Widget
    sorry for the late response, I suffered a heart attack and now dealing with covid, im looking at the responses now
    Mick

I suffered a heart attack and now dealing with covid, im looking at the responses now
    Geez, you know how to have fun. Get better soon!

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Geez, you know how to have fun. Get better soon!

Widget
    I know right, that's just the beginning, while I was away for work, (before my Heart attack), my Apartment
    was damaged in a storm, When I returned home, one of my 4435's had been damaged, thankfully my insurance
    company has given me a budget to replace them, (policy was new for old), I have decided to go with the K2 S9900.
    I have found a demo pair out of the country at the right price, we are working through the deal now. God willing it goes through,
    I watched the interviews with Erin and GT, I will purchase a DEQX pre and maybe a quality valve amp for the top end,
    If this doesn't scratch my itch, I will go golfing!

Hi all thanks so much for your valuable input, I'm hoping to get the K2's across the line in a few days, fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    Hi Mick,

Are your buying new or second hand.

It depends on a few things. Are you on a nirvana journey going all out (thinking cap customer) or a plug it in and it goes customer?
    If your hands on and want to mould your system then the M2 could be your answer. But it needs a lot of user effort to set it up as its a pro product.

The S9900 is an excellent hi end consumer system out of the box and you can drain the nirvana nth degree out of it with active mode operation and subs.
    If you want you could add one of the new DEQX products and leap frog to Mars with DSP correction and full active mode with subs. That would be very cool. And you can arrange local support from the experts at DEQX to set it up right.

On the subjective side you could give the guys at Klapp AV in Melbourne a call and pick their brains. They have/had the S9900 on the floor and would be upfront on what your going to enjoy.
    They are a Synthesis dealer. You could also call Steve Varga at the Audio Experts in Melbourne. Steve is an installer and a jBL Synthesis dealer. Mention my name and he may oblige with a top deal.

Personally, I'm only familiar with the S9900. There is a tendency for the dealers to steer customers towards the consumer systems like the S3900 and above than the M2.
    The M2 brings with it a lot of control. But its more complicated to set up and there's the fan noise if you buy a M2 pro package.

Hence my tip to plan for the S9900 with a DEQX processor at some point in your journey.

Hi Ian, If you look at my latest post you see my misfortune and subsequent insurance claim, good news My insurance company has agreed to my claim this morning
    I will be receiving a demo pair of K2's out of the UK in a few weeks hopefully the price in Australia is a joke, I have spoken to the WA dealer for DEQX, when they release the new pre processors
    I will purchase one and then look for a nice valve amp for the tops! I will still use My Bryston 7Bs for the bottom end,
    thanks for your input
    Mick

Hi Mick,

We look forward to your next update.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    Hi Mick,

We look forward to your next update.

Ian
    Hey Ian
    deal done!
    got a demo pair out of the UK!
    saved about $20k
    I also ordered a new Bryston 4B3 power amp
    and Bryston BR20 pre-amp
    also ordered about $6k in leads
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by retromick; 09-07-2022 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Add pics

Dujrsu

I enjoyed the humor, but the photo made me dizzy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Audio is filled with dangerous amateurs." --- Tim de Paravicini

Everything is upside down in the Southern Hemisphere

You guys are funny.

So, how do those sound compared to the 4435's??? I own the 4435's stablemate, the 813C. So naturally I have always been curious about 4435's, more so now that I've got 813C's.

Thread Information