Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Greg Timbers Interview

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    You could ask Erin for your money back. ?

Barry.

Great way to put it back into perspective. Alternatively, we could have zero interviews out there. It's nice to know Greg is still willing to talk about former products/projects. Would be cool if he came back on here, even just to post and never comment or reply. I heard something happened years ago and so now he avoids this place.

I also appreciate both for taking the time for the interview. I learned a couple things and it gave me a couple of things to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    And how many years have you been here and didn't your farther leave you some JBL''s you still have and appreciate? It's all about perspective and like me your are vintage oriented.

You have someone who has measured many of the current systems and that is what he is focused on.

There was a lot of good info in both interviews. If he didn't take the time we wouldn't have it.

So what's the harm?
    I won't say I didn't enjoy seeing Greg get the exposure he deserves. Apologies for focusing on the negative. I should have realized the backlash being a discontent among all the discontents here would engender.

My (brief) ten-year career as an automotive journalist between my 20- then 14-year stints in BMW sales started with my constantly bringing attention to errors-of-fact in my beloved magazine. So I was hired first as a proof-reader ending that vocation as Managing Editor and feature writer. The errors-of-fact that now plague that mag I attribute to them just not caring or hiring someone without knowledge of the subject matter. So I guess I come by the critic role somewhat as second nature.

Can't say I don't get a giggle when I'm reading an article about vehicle mods to the few remaining manual-transmission models out there and see the coverage talking about "short-shitters".

But when even Ian starts complaining about complainers and resorts to political news-clips for emphasis—I know we've carried this too far!
    I also know sometimes the truth hurts!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Glad Mr. Timbers has the demeanor to take the questions and opportunities such as this in stride, and folks get to glean from it whatever's useful at their interest/skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I won't say I didn't enjoy seeing Greg get the exposure he deserves. Apologies for focusing on the negative. I should have realized the backlash being a discontent among all the discontents here would engender.

My (brief) ten-year career as an automotive journalist between my 20- then 14-year stints in BMW sales started with my constantly bringing attention to errors-of-fact in my beloved magazine. So I was hired first as a proof-reader ending that vocation as Managing Editor and feature writer. The errors-of-fact that now plague that mag I attribute to them just not caring or hiring someone without knowledge of the subject matter. So I guess I come by the critic role somewhat as second nature.

Can't say I don't get a giggle when I'm reading an article about vehicle mods to the few remaining manual-transmission models out there and see the coverage talking about "short-shitters".

But when even Ian starts complaining about complainers and resorts to political news-clips for emphasis—I know we've carried this too far!
    I also know sometimes the truth hurts!
    Hi Phil,

Hey l acknowledge your thought & I appreciate your sensitivity.

No offence taken or meant. I now get your lens.

The problem with this medium is the lack of sentiment.

When something is dropped and Greg agreed to it being passed on my recommendation is that Rob keeps the thread focused on that information and nothing else.

PS. How is that new house of yours going music wise?

Cheers

Ian

Thread Information