Thread: Altec N500g crossover

Altec N500g crossover

Hello everyone seeking help to build a N500g crossover

i am currently listening with my altec A7 with the original n500g crossover. (The existing n500g has a sealed wax poured over all the components, so i do not wish upgrade or replace the box)
    Hence, i would like to build an identical n500g but with better components and wiring to replace my existing one, then keep my existing n500g as a backup.

Does anyone has the schematic diagram and component rating/values for the crossover n500g.
    So that i will buy the components & build a brand new n500g. The variable potentiometer may be hard to get a exact replacement any suggestion? Also what better caps should i replace with?

Name:  altec-lansing-n500g-crossover-network-schematic.jpg
Views: 1438
Size:  81.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by seetlee View Post
    Hello everyone seeking help to build a N500g crossover

i am currently listening with my altec A7 with the original n500g crossover. (The existing n500g has a sealed wax poured over all the components, so i do not wish upgrade or replace the box)
    Hence, i would like to build an identical n500g but with better components and wiring to replace my existing one, then keep my existing n500g as a backup.

Does anyone has the schematic diagram and component rating/values for the crossover n500g.
    So that i will buy the components & build a brand new n500g. The variable potentiometer may be hard to get a exact replacement any suggestion? Also what better caps should i replace with?
    My tech did a similar job (N501a) recently and he used 2 Lpad 100w ceramic (135$ca) and 4 Solen audio grade fast cap capacitors (285$ca)
    Music is emotion.

Thanks, Do u have your tech email?

Quote Originally Posted by macsic View Post
    Name:  altec-lansing-n500g-crossover-network-schematic.jpg
Views: 1438
Size:  81.0 KB

My tech did a similar job (N501a) recently and he used 2 Lpad 100w ceramic (135$ca) and 4 Solen audio grade fast cap capacitors (285$ca)
    Do u have a photo of your tech DIY crossover? how much did it cost for him to do that crossover?
    You said 2 Lpad 100w where does that resides in the above schematic diagram?

Also the DIY N501a is that base on exactly the similar schematic circuit diagram above? is the DIY crossover base on the 16ohm horns & bass drivers

Thread Information