Hi All,<br><br>I am trying to solve something that has come up during the build of my Tri-Amped JBL driver system. I have recently completed a DIY speaker build utilising JBL 2446J mid horn drivers. (stated 16 ohm but metered at nearer 8 )<br><br>The system comprises of 3 Rotel power amps (2 x 130 W for the bass and midrange and a 1 x 70W for the tweeters). The issue that has become apparent is a lot of audible hiss on the horn drivers<br><br>I have done some troubleshooting and I have found that with the amp disconnected from the rest of the system and sitting idle (switched-on) the hiss is intrusive to any listening. I have gone through the Ground loop investigation. I have swapped amps and interconnect cables to no avail. Nothing affects it. I have had to install a couple of L-Pads to reduce the noise but that of course changes dynamics of the midrange overall and requires gain during any playback.&nbsp;<br><br>I am coming to the conclusion that the 2446J drivers are sensitive enough that they are picking low level amp noise. It is a low level staticky type of hiss not hum. It is apparent in both channels so I assume that eliminates the possibility of any diaphragm issues<br><br>Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on a fix. Obviously I may need to try another brand of amp (not available) but I was wondering if there was anything else I could try or do etc.<br><br>