Thread: Edgewound / Upland Loudspeaker MIA?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Edgewound / Upland Loudspeaker MIA?

I just thought I'd reach out to the forum to see if anyone may have a personal relationship with Ken that might be able to reach out to him. I sent him some speakers to have some work done awhile back, and as of a month ago, he stopped returning my calls (emails were always a little hit and miss, but no response there either).

I'd appreciate any update anyone can provide. Hopefully there is some random communication error going on and he's not in the hospital or something.

I believe Ken and his wife had about with COVID-19. Sorry I don't have any more information.

Quote Originally Posted by jblwolf View Post
    I believe Ken and his wife had about with COVID-19. Sorry I don't have any more information.
    He told me that himself. They both recovered awhile ago unless they both got it again. They're both fully vaccinated...

Without dragging a private affair any further into the public, I'll share that he attempted to call me pretty late last night and I missed it (he left no message) so he's at least that healthy. Attempts to return his call since then have failed.

I'd be willing and happy to work things out with Ken and get things straightened out if that's what he wants to do. The first time we spoke we chatted for what had to have been almost 2 hours. He seemed like a good guy.

Anyhow... I would like a forum moderator to PM me so we can discuss the situation in private so I know what is acceptable to post regarding this matter. I'm not a regular here so I don't want to be seen as some guy blowing into town just to throw rocks.

Also, thank you to those of you who have reached out privately.

Just for your information he has a YouTube channel and that's how I found out about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jblwolf View Post
    Just for your information he has a YouTube channel and that's how I found out about it.
    Then he probably just had it that once back in July. A breakthrough-breakthrough would be pretty rare. I don't know when his wife got it, but she had recovered the last we spoke.

I think Ken does such a good job he is over run with business.

It will be well worth the wait.

Thank you Ken

Here’s another “satisfied” customer of Ken’s 2236H upgrade. He completely restored my 4340s to perfection. The 2231s are at another level, I can’t stop listening to them. Here’s a look at his craftsmanship and expertise, thank you again Ken,
    Tony, San Diego.
    Name:  5E96A5CC-2134-4239-ADCB-154BD89FCA19.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  92.8 KB

We need to find some (or a) youngin(s) to learn this craft from Ken before it's too late. It's not unlike the lost knowledge of making vacuum tubes.

I caught up with Ken in LA at his shop about 18 months ago.

Ken is a delightful and genuine guy. I knocked a few times for an update on a job. Ken’s work is above and beyond.

Like everyone life and personal events gets in the way of our best laid plans. Who would have predicted the last 18 months. Be patient and keep in touch is my advice.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    I caught up with Ken in LA at his shop about 18 months ago.

Ken is a delightful and genuine guy. I knocked a few times for an update on a job. Ken’s work is above and beyond.

Like everyone life and personal events gets in the way of our best laid plans. Who would have predicted the last 18 months. Be patient and keep in touch is my advice.
    Hey Ian! Thanks very much for the nice comments. I hope we can catch up again in person, soon.

Hey Mr. Widget! Thanks for the holiday wishes. Hope you're well, also, too!

Hey Ron! Thank you!

Hey Tony! Thanks so much for the review! I'm so happy that you're happy with my work. Be careful out there!

Randy's dad's 136As have been resuspended with a Full Service Teardown/Cleaning/Recharge, and are in the hands of FedEx.

I hope everyone is staying safe from this latest Omicron wave. I've got a dear friend in UCLA Medical Center being cared for because he couldn't breathe. He seems to be recovering, but is in guarded condition. I've had way too many losses this last couple of years...Please be well!
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Hey Ken- Happy New Year!

Hey Ken- Happy New Year!
    Pleased and relieved to see you here and healthy!
    I'd also gotten concerned, but our friend Don pointed me here, where I should've thought to check.
    A couple of the emails awaiting you were from me.

Once you have a feel for your pace, I'd appreciate an eta for completing my
    2x D-130 that reached you in July and hopefully were on-deck before illness.
    Cheers,
    Wes

Hey, Ken. You don't have anything of mine to work on, and I'm not seeking your assistance at this time, so I simply am grateful to see you coming up on the forum! Truly, 2020 and 2021 were years many of us would gladly put behind us, but old relationships are things we want to keep, so good to see you!

As Curtis Mayfield encouraged us, "We just keep on keeping on."
    Out.

We are lucky that Ken is servicing JBL gear, If I didn't live 1500 miles from his location I would see if I could help out, sweep floors run for burgers.
    By the way, where is my stuff....

Thread Information