Thread: Power amp for Jubals

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Power amp for Jubals

Hi friends, for sure I'll do some errors (English is not my language), so I'll try to be schematic.

Instruments: Jbl l65 Jubal, Sansui au 9500, Naim cd5si. No vinyl, no streaming.

Music: I'm going to divide it into three groups.

a: Pere Ubu, Captain Beefheart, Faust, This Heat, Dna, Public Image Limited, Jesus Lizard, Cop Shoot Cop, Unsane, Big Black, Sonic Youth, Royal Trux, Chrome, The Fall, Pussy Galore; Thin White Rope and so on.

b: Nick Cave, Gun Club, Mark Lanegan, Wovenhand, Velvet Underground, Giant Sand and so on.

c: Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan , Neil Young, Townes Van Zandt and so on.

No jazz, no classical music.

Listening volume: medium or low.
    No party, no crashed walls.

Problem: I like my instruments, but in particular, with the first group of musicians, I think my Jubals should give me more impact. They say these speakers need to be feeded, so
    , with 600/700 dollars, I would like to obtain a 200w power amp. I have got this list: HK Citation 22, Adcom Gfa 555, Carver 1.0t., Sae l2400. I like the sound of my Sansui (totally restored and recapped one year ago), so I would prefer a warm or neutral power amp, not too analytical. The pre amp will come later.

Question: anybody here who listens this kind of music with Jubal (or L100, 4311, L166, L112 and so on) and a power amp belonging to the list I have compiled? Are these power amps good with vintage Jbl? Other suggestions?

Thank you!

Carlo
    Last edited by TWR; 11-01-2021 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Lingua errata

Thread Information