Greetings,

I am a new member here and I wanted to apologize up front for posting something that has probably been discussed many times already. Seems that I can't quite get the hang of the search engine on this forum. Basically, I bought a pair of 4430's and really have been enjoying them. They are not perfect but do a lot of things right, almost to the point of being magical. I have made some minor tweaks that seemed to make a difference (deoxing the bi amp switch on the crossover board and replacing the speaker wire terminals with gold plated binding posts) and now am contemplating upgrading some of the internal crossover components. Would it be worth it to upgrade the iron core 2.5 mH inductor for the woofer with a good air core inductor? I was able to find the network diagram here on this forum but the diagram does not list the DCR for any of the inductors. Anyone here know those values? I have replaced iron core inductors with air core inductors on other speakers and there was not a gigantic difference. I just wonder since the 4430's cross over at 1000 Hz. Also, I was thinking about replacing the .01 uF bypass caps with some sonicaps. I really don't want to go the route of bi amping, charge coupling or using external crossovers. The sound to my ears is actually very good, I just wanted to try some relatively inexpensive but effective ways to get them sounding even better. The real question is that after I post this, will I be able to find the responses (if any) in the forum!

Thanks,

Dave