It can be done with a current source type of amplifier like some of Nelson Pass First Watt amplifiers.
But that’s an expensive stretch.

[/QUOTE]

It can be done but then one would be missing out on the strongest part of the 4430's and that my friend is feeding them gigantic amounts of clean power. I think Nelson Pass is indeed a legend in the audio community. But, the First Watt amps will only suffice at low to moderate listening levels. I feel the 4430's need lots of clean power and with that, they are able to produce concert levels of distortion free music reproduction. I like listening to them at low levels too, but I love the way they can hit with dynamic realism when called upon. I can fairly easily hit 100 dB+ continuous with insane peaks hitting 112 dB+ in my listening room. I believe they can get one very close to what the artist intended for their listeners to hear. I would love to hear them through one of the bigger Pass Labs amps you have. I bet that combo sounds amazing! You are friends with Nelson so tell him I will review a pair of his mono block amps with these speakers !