Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Seawolf

RIP Seawolf

Tom was such a fixture here that when several weeks went by without a post from him, I became worried. I sent him an email that went unanswered, so this evening I tracked down his phone number and gave him a call. His wife answered and told me he passed away on July 30th.

He was only 72 and according to his wife he was not at all ready. He had a lot of life left in him, but unfortunately one night he went to bed and simply never woke up.

I believe his son will be taking care of Tom's rather massive JBL collection. I hope he keeps a few of the best pieces to remember our friend Seawolf by.

I will miss Tom's posts very much, polite or otherwise.

Widget

Rip wolf

Thanks Widget for breaking the sad news.

I'm in shock, really. For me its a reminder that the clock keeps turning way too fast. Much too early for him to go. Well, at least not waking up in the morning might be the preferred way to leave vs a long and painful illness.

I too found curious that he had not posted for a while. Few days ago i even checked if he had updated his Avatar pic, and he hadn't... Equipment wise he often had something different to show us, which i tend to like.

I remember well a good laugh we had. He found a pic, one of his specialties i guess, where someone was selling a stereo system, and seller pic showed the receiver on top of a turntable whose soft rubber feet were probably buried in the carpet under... There's quite a gap to fill now that Seawolf left us.

I'll sure miss him, as well as his long array of different and funny Avatar pics.

Yup, i'll remember him many ways, including as a Sea and as a Wolf! Rest in peace Tom.

Richard

So sad to hear. Though we never met, we had a mutual friend and we shared the same passion for both JBL and BMW. We both had white E34 BMW sedans. He preferred the JBL 10-inch 3-ways and I the 12-inch. He loved his 250ti but tossed all the "ugly" black L7 towers he ever had. As caretaker for his wife and friend to many here, he will be missed. Thank you, sir, for your service. We'll miss you.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Wow, this is certainly a shock to hear.

RIP Seawolf.

Tom was a mainstay of this forum and I've always appreciated his posts as well as following along with all his biking adventures.

Really, I'm just gob-smacked to hear this unexpected news.

So sad, so early, my condolences to his family.

EarlK

So sorry to hear. RIP he will be missed.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

So sad. I looked forward to his posts and can still, in my mind, see a guy plying the streets on a bike loaded down with his latest finds. Via con Dios.

This is very sad news, Thank you for posting. Prayers to his wife and family.

Although I didn't know him well, I always enjoyed reading his posts, especially the speaker safari thread. He would bring the coolest things home...a lot times on his bike. He also served his country in a difficult time here in the United States. The statement They just don't build them like they used to would apply.

Thanks,
    Scott

lost another good one

RIP Seawolf!
    JBL Pro for home use!

Any obituary links perhaps, with suggestions for how best to show our respect?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Was not ready for this... not that one ever truly is.
    Another lost connection. Grateful for the interactions we did have.

Wow, what a stunner. So sorry to hear this news. 72 seems ridiculously young. Kudos to you Mr. Widget for following your instincts and reaching out to his family. He will be missed here.

OMG - it seemed like he'd just recovered from some fool in a car hitting him last year, and was just starting to log longer miles for this year ...
    Not ready to lose another Lansing soul ... not one as prolific as he was!
    RIP Tom - we'll surely miss you!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

A loss indeed , hopefully Speaker Safari and Funny Bicycle Stats will continue in the same way as Zilch's Econowave thread on AK.
    Tom you will be missed greatly.

RIP.

Wow, this is bad news. I'm a newer member and while I never actually met him I appreciated his comments on my threads and his replies to my posts. He'll be missed.

My condolences to his wife and family.

Does anyone know if Tom had any kind underlying illness or condition?

72 is too young.

Ed
    KEEP ON LISTENING!

Thread Information