Thread: What amplifier for jbl k2 s9800?

What amplifier for jbl k2 s9800?

what amplifier for jbl k2 S9800?

I tried a pass 250.5 and a ksa50 but personally I did not feel a real driving and in my opinion the k2 did not have the right vitality .....

experiences?

May not be the amp.

K2 S9900 (similar) listening experience: may benefit from bass EQ or even subwoofer(s). Depends largely on personal taste.
    I enjoyed them without augmentation. Owner wanted more "vitality"
    Using a DSP, matching voltage curves for the system also afforded a different listening experience.

Very nice speakers.

What is speaker/amplifier vitality anyway?

I know a bit more vitality in me would likely be a good thing, but am not sure if it would be in my hi fi.

Widget

guessing it could be somewhere between bass and "liveness", whatever that means... but for this system, I'm guessing bass... which the room can giveth and can also taketh away. Will be interesting to hear what the OP actually intended. Words describing sound quality are hard enough without the further complication of language conversion issues.

difficult to translate something related to the sound, let's say that there is a lack of piloting.
    Yesterday during the rehearsals, however, we were amazed by how they sang with a self-made 80w Hiraga power amp in pure A class.
    Very open sound, shiny and fast, the bass was tight, with absolutely no tail.
    It should be noted that for now I prefer to listen without a battery inserted.

good to hear you found a nice pairing!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul001 View Post
    difficult to translate something related to the sound...
    Yes, much like the quote, “Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.” To compound the problem, we may not all agree on what good sound is.

Widget

Per me un buon suono č un suono vivace, veloce, chiaro e aperto ma ha sempre una nota di calore. Il basso dovrebbe essere stretto e profondo senza coda, la scena grande e la stanza piena di musica, soon I will try a 250w procedere, a urei 2250 and a marl levinson 431

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    May not be the amp.

K2 S9900 (similar) listening experience: may benefit from bass EQ or even subwoofer(s). Depends largely on personal taste.
    I enjoyed them without augmentation. Owner wanted more "vitality"
    Using a DSP, matching voltage curves for the system also afforded a different listening experience.

Very nice speakers.
    Who doesn't like (or need) augmentation? Many people I speak to say, "I wish I had bigger..." Oh, probably not that kind of augmentation.

In the present case, there were two BSS FDS-366T Omnidrive Compact Plus Speaker Management systems connected to two ATI 2003 amps connected to two K2S9900s (HF and LF) and two S2S Synthesis subs. Each 3-channel amp served one K2 and its attendant S2S. This was recommended by Greg Timbers (for big bass in a big space) and given a thumbs up when he heard the finished project. He also recommended keeping the 9-Volt batteries in place in this installation.

The final project was facilitated by a great chef, a handy and helpful man with a cowboy name, and a grumpy guy. With a team like that, it's got to be good.

Vitality is one way to describe it. Getting knocked on my a$$ is what I was going for! I marvel every time I turn it up to 11. Mission accomplished.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    A chi non piace (o non ha bisogno) il potenziamento? Molte persone con cui parlo per dire: "Vorrei essere pių grande..." Oh, probabilmente non quel tipo di aumento.

Nel caso in esame, c'erano due sistemi di gestione degli altoparlanti BSS FDS-366T Omnidrive Compact Plus collegati a due amplificatori ATI 2003 collegati a due K2S9900 (HF e LF) e due subwoofer S2S Synthesis. Ogni amplificatore a 3 canali serviva un K2 e il suo assistente S2S. Questo č stato consigliato da Greg Timbers (per un grande basso in un grande spazio) e ha dato un pollice in su quando ha sentito il progetto finito. Ha anche raccomandato di mantenere le batterie da 9 Volt in posizione in questa installazione.

Il progetto finale č stato facilitato da un grande chef, un uomo pratico e disponibile con un nome da cowboy e un ragazzo scontroso. Con una squadra del genere, deve essere buono.

La vitalitā č un modo per descriverla. Essere bussato al mio a$$ č quello che stavo cercando! Mi meraviglio ogni volta che alzo fino a 11. Missione compiuta.

Great, tell me more about this system, what filters did you use?

There's a voltage drive in there somewhere: K2S9900WhitePaper1-6-09.pdf

Thread Information